NGD(s): Sully Galaxy V and Elita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD(s): Sully Galaxy V and Elita

Just received my Sully Elita (6 of 5) last night and the Sully Galaxy V showed up about a month ago. Figured I should post them up with my Sully 624

The Elita is a set-neck spanish cedar body and neck with an ebony fretboard. SD black winter pickups and a Schaller hannes bridge.

The Galaxy V is a neck-thru black limba body/neck, cocobolo fretboard and an old growth redwood top I got out of Oregon. It has a BLKTRI Trove pickup an a Hannes bridge.

Backside of the Galaxy V

Wow, some serious lumber in that V. Also, the natural S shaped one is killer. What's the wood for the neck>
    Great stuff there!

Comment

S-shaped is a 624 with a Mahogany body/Flame maple top and Mahogany/Maple neck. This may surprise some but the 624 is the heaviest of the three guitars in that photo. It weights in around 9lbs so it's like a Les Paul in a super-strat shape.

Comment

wow great stuff man thanks for sharing. I hope to one day have one of Sullys creations. That Elita with a Floyd would be my choice

Comment

Sweet! Is that a pale moon ebony board on the 624?
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
            wow great stuff man thanks for sharing. I hope to one day have one of Sullys creations. That Elita with a Floyd would be my choice
            Sadly, the OG version of the Elita is no longer available but I agree an Elita 2.0 (the updated version available in the conspiracy series) with a floyd would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
              Sweet! Is that a pale moon ebony board on the 624?
              You are correct that is a pale moon ebony fretboard.

Comment

It's pretty awesome. All of those guitars are awesome. Love the Hannes bridge, too.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  It's pretty awesome. All of those guitars are awesome. Love the Hannes bridge, too.
                  Sully has been great to work with and he builds amazing guitars. He was the only reputable builder that I could find four years ago that would build me a guitar with a Hannes. I really wanted to try a guitar with one and since then I have gotten Jackson and ESP to build V's with Hannes bridges. I have to say Sully's craftsmanship is on the same level as the Japanese ESP custom shop or a Masterbuilt Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Aso View Post
                    Just received my Sully Elita (6 of 5) last night and the Sully Galaxy V showed up about a month ago. Figured I should post them up with my Sully 624

The Elita is a set-neck spanish cedar body and neck with an ebony fretboard. SD black winter pickups and a Schaller hannes bridge.

The Galaxy V is a neck-thru black limba body/neck, cocobolo fretboard and an old growth redwood top I got out of Oregon. It has a BLKTRI Trove pickup an a Hannes bridge.

Backside of the Galaxy V

Ah man, I'm sorry dude that you got stuck with those... horrible horrible things....

sorry I can't even keep making the joke, those are incredible! That explorer, good lord that's amazing looking.
                    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by Aso View Post
                      Sully has been great to work with and he builds amazing guitars. He was the only reputable builder that I could find four years ago that would build me a guitar with a Hannes. I really wanted to try a guitar with one and since then I have gotten Jackson and ESP to build V's with Hannes bridges. I have to say Sully's craftsmanship is on the same level as the Japanese ESP custom shop or a Masterbuilt Jackson.
                      Nice. I remember your other guitars with the Hannes bridge, too.

Comment

Cool group of guitars. Love that Elita!

Comment

They all look great. Love the Elita, especially!

Comment

Beautiful trio, I like the 624 best!

Comment

Nice family photo! I'm counting the days until my Raven shows up.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X