New Guitar Day, Edwards E-HR-145III <--The do like the drawn out names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Guitar Day, Edwards E-HR-145III <--The do like the drawn out names

Again sorry for the bad photography, just quick shots of the new kids.

and yeah, who needs the WHOLE guitar in the frame... erf.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Congrats! Looks pretty stealthy.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Congrats! Looks pretty stealthy.
      I am very happy I went with this and not the Broderick, though I may still pick up one of those later on used.

Not sure I want to keep the EMG's in this one, kind of want to move them to my H300 and put a Nazgul in there or some other pickup I've never messed with. Dunno, sounds great so may leave it as is. especially since the M-II and the V both have EMG's in it, might just have to start liking them

Comment

I bought a Nazgul a few years ago and sent it in to Carvin to build my 8-string. It's a pretty awesome pickup. It's not as extreme high gain as their literature used to make it out to be, but it's pretty hot.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Man, you went on a mega ESP buying spree lately! All of them are killer.

Edwards E-HR-145III <--The do like the drawn out names
          The model names make sense if you consider the breakdown:

Edwards = brand
          E = Edwards
          HR = Horizon (body shape). Specifically your body is a Horizon III but I don't know why they put the III part later in the name.
          145 = Supposedly in Edwards nomenclature, numbers represent the cost of the model in thousands of Japanese Yen. So your guitar lists for JP¥145,000 = about USD$1,302.60. Did you pay that?
          III = To me, this part should ideally be placed next to the body shape, because a Horizon III is what you have. Seems weird to split the HR and III portions, but whatever.

It's the same with my Edwards E-LP-90LTC. Apparently this means:

Edwards = brand
          E = Edwards
          90 = JP¥90,000 (cost)
          LTC = Long Tenon (long neck tenon neck construction), Custom (Les Paul Custom)

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            Man, you went on a mega ESP buying spree lately! All of them are killer.
            Thank you Yeah I think I've gone all in on ESP. Still love my Jacksons, but ESP is putting great stuff out. Yeah, I have what, 6 total now? I think they out number my Jacksons. I told the guy I got the Elite from that if he runs across any more to email me directly

The model names make sense if you consider the breakdown:

Edwards = brand
            E = Edwards
            HR = Horizon (body shape). Specifically your body is a Horizon III but I don't know why they put the III part later in the name.
            145 = Supposedly in Edwards nomenclature, numbers represent the cost of the model in thousands of Japanese Yen. So your guitar lists for JP¥145,000 = about USD$1,302.60. Did you pay that?
            III = To me, this part should ideally be placed next to the body shape, because a Horizon III is what you have. Seems weird to split the HR and III portions, but whatever.

It's the same with my Edwards E-LP-90LTC. Apparently this means:

Edwards = brand
            E = Edwards
            90 = JP¥90,000 (cost)

Didn't even pay half of that with shipping That's good info, I have no idea the ### was the cost.

Yeah, I'm keeping and eye out for an E-II M-ii, I've seen a couple that (one or the other) I may pick up soon. Also I'm going to order one of the Black Metal Arrow's, those look killer and is close to the specs I wanted for my Jackson Custom shop that I was basically priced (and 2 year build wait) out of. so. But yeah, any LTD Elites I run across I'll have a strong urge to buy now. That thing is just butter. I have no words.

Still not quite as "HOLY SHIT YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME" as the Edwards FR was (and still is honestly, god I love that guitar) but it is pretty damn close. Once I change strings and put a strap on it so I can stand and play it, it may knock that Edwards off it's perch

And I still have the Jackson SL4X coming in on Monday. Thankfully I bought that for nostalgia and not to compete with the M-II

Oh, and there's what is listed as an ESP M-I I have my eye on as well. that one probably won't happen, but we'll see.

Some day, with the help of these fine instruments, I hope to be able to play Mary Had A Little Lamb in its entirety . Holding on to the dream!

Comment

Congrats! Looks sharp!
              You have certainly done a lot for my confidence of the brand! I’m glad it plays well. How are you feeling now that you’ve had a few more days with her?

Maybe I should wait until you’re out of money before I really start looking for one though.. ��
              I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                Congrats! Looks sharp!
                You have certainly done a lot for my confidence of the brand! I’m glad it plays well. How are you feeling now that you’ve had a few more days with her?

Maybe I should wait until you’re out of money before I really start looking for one though.. ��
                lol, oh there's a couple of the model I'm looking at floating around so go for it

I keep going back and forth with it and the MII and I'm loving both of them. This one was setup in D standard which is cool I don't have to mess with adjusting anything on it. Though I'm going to start looking at EMG options to see if there's something else I can put in to replace the tone (i really don't need a tone pot, ever) may move the volume to that spot and install a kill switch. but yeah I'm loving it a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                  Accidentally stumbled across the proper acronym and I would not want to misinform anyone reading this thread. The LT part actually corresponds to Lacquer Top as it apparently was the name of this Edwards series. I stand corrected. Though, Long Tenon also kind of makes sense to me, haha. Oops.

Comment

Always thought Petrucci's Majesty was based off this guitar.... which in turn looks like an Ibz Maxxas!

Hope she's a player.
                    www.vvforums.com

Comment

Really liking the Edwards and the M-II a lot, still not so sure about the EMG's but.. they are both players, killer damn guitars!

Comment

Working...
                      X