Nffjbd!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nffjbd!

New Found Fender Jazz Bass Day! According to Fender's serial number chart, it's a 1996 - 1997 Mexican Jazz.

Found this in my dumpster a couple weeks ago. I guess one of my neighbors was done with it. LOL

It was kinda dirty/dusty, had a broken nut that needed to be replaced, rusty pickguard screws replaced.
    So after the new nut, fret dress, new strings and setup, I'm only out $102. Sounds and plays great!

JBnew.jpg
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Ha man thats just crazy to me. Who would do that? Anyway thats a nice find! GLWTS! lol

Comment

Nice save!

Comment

I have no idea who would do that. I was just taking out some recycling and checking my mailbox, wasn't even going to slide the side dumpster door open, but then decided to throw some junk mail in there and saw it sticking out with a few pieces of garbage on top of it. Score for me! I don't think I'll be selling it, as it plays pretty nice.

Comment

That is awesome.

Mind blowing that someone would toss that.

Comment

Right? Whoever owned it didn't take good care of it. Nut was half missing, neck plate was a little loose, frets were a bit of a mess. A couple scrapes and scratches, but no big deal. A little TLC and now a great player! Pickups and pots are working fine. The clear coat on the neck is a little rough in spots and a couple slight dings/indents, but still comfy to play. Maybe I'll sand it down to satin eventually.

Comment

They easily could have dragged it down to any local guitar store and said "will you guys give me ANYTHING for this?". And could've walked out with $50. Great score! One man's trash....

Comment

Dumpster diver!

Seriously, it's crazy that someone would just toss it. Maybe an angry girlfriend situation or something? Nice save.

Comment

Originally posted by EntrailsOfU View Post
                  They easily could have dragged it down to any local guitar store and said "will you guys give me ANYTHING for this?". And could've walked out with $50. Great score! One man's trash....
                  +1 At least get something for it.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                    Dumpster diver!
                    It was more like peek in side door, bend over halfway and reach.

Comment

Originally posted by EntrailsOfU View Post
                      Originally posted by z1n View Post
                      +1 At least get something for it.
                      Exactly. I would have given $50 to whoever it was. But free is even better!

Comment

Get your Getty Lee on!

I've done the same. A neighbor was tossing out a pair of tube powered speakers his dad made from scratch. Sort of a 60s look but I rescued and refirb'd them. I still need to put them to use however.

Comment

Nice! It's always fun to find another man's trash and turn it into treasure.

I also have an old, cheap bass I haven't played much in a long time, but this Jazz is really cool since the nut width is smaller and feels more comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            It was more like peek in side door, bend over halfway and reach.
                            So a bend over and reach around really paid off this time
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Amazing find! Cleaned up nicely!

Next time you play it, open your curtains and windows, and let your neighbor see/hear how much he/she's missing out by not being the owner any more.

Comment

Working...
                              X