X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: D'Avanzo 1981 Model

Pics first:

Next one is from the D'Avanzo website:

Neither pic does the color (Porsche Miami Blue) justice- this is closer to what it looks like in person:

Guitar is of the highest quality throughout. Mike makes sure every little detail is correct, and won't settle for anything less.

The build process was perfect. Mike and I went back and forth discussing options until I was happy, and he made some very helpful suggestions that I think really benefited the finished guitar. He kept me updated during the entire process, and was always happy to answer any questions I had.

Fretwork, setup, and playability are impeccable. Sounds incredible, clean, crunch, or full out roar.

I'd recommend Mike's guitars to anyone, and if you're thinking about a custom build, D'Avanzo should be one of the brands you take a look at to consider.

Here's the full webpage for my build and the D'Avanzo site:

http://davanzoguitars.com/da040

Sweet! I love everything about that. Will have to check his site out.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Why the small fret dot markers?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        Why the small fret dot markers?
        My guess is that's what he prefers.
        If you look at his site you will see that some specs have options, other specs are set. He considers certain specs to be part of the brand identity, and that's why they are set.

Comment

That looks great, congrats!

Comment

Simple and sweet. Very nice!
            1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Very cool. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by freedom's door View Post
                If you look at his site you will see that some specs have options, other specs are set. He considers certain specs to be part of the brand identity, and that's why they are set.
                Reminds me of the fixed options available from Jackson Custom Select. Similar to a "made to measure" suit where you can tweak the fit and options based on their templates (contrast this with a "bespoke" suit which is a true custom suit that is totally made for you from scratch).

Your guitar is practically perfect and is a stunning color. What was the build time and cost, if I am allowed to ask?

Comment

Great guitar man thanks for sharing. Yes what was your wait time for this build?

Comment

Thanks guys for all the positive comments.
                    I placed the official order near the end of September, guitar was delivered end of December. 3 months, with great communication and updates from Mike throughout the process.
                    Please note that before the order was officially placed and I sent my deposit, Mike and I emailed back and forth about specs for almost a month. He wants to get everything right before you send in a deposit, because once the deposit is in, he doesn't allow any changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                      Reminds me of the fixed options available from Jackson Custom Select. Similar to a "made to measure" suit where you can tweak the fit and options based on their templates (contrast this with a "bespoke" suit which is a true custom suit that is totally made for you from scratch).

Your guitar is practically perfect and is a stunning color. What was the build time and cost, if I am allowed to ask?
                      I wish I could get an accurate picture of the color- it is so cool in person

Mine came in slightly lower than $2500

Mike had this to say about pricing:

"The prices are typically in the $2500-3000 range depending on options when using DiMarzio pickups. If another brand of pickups is requested that will usually increase costs by a few to several hundred dollars depending on what the pickup maker charges. Also some paint finishes can cost a bit more. That's why all the guitars are priced per custom order, it just makes life easier for me to keep track of things that way. If you pick all high dollar woods and options and gold hardware (it costs the most by a little bit) with some exotic finish and high dollar boutique hand wound pickups you can of course go well above the $3000 point."

Comment

Finally got a pic that's close to the actual color in person:

Comment

I love it!! I may have to talk to Mike about one. Great choices.

Comment

Working...
                          X