Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another F-ing Hamer Project

Heh heh... gon' be sick, yo!

Body's en route to the painter for some 80's inspired crackle! Found a real talented builder to do me up a maple/maple neck with reversed head stock, jumbo Jescar stainless frets and some sick inlays on the board. Gonna feature an OFR and a Gravelin custom handmade p'up in the bridge.

God Damn it, now you're just showing off!!!!

Can't wait to see the finished project
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
      God Damn it, now you're just showing off!!!!

Can't wait to see the finished project
      Nah, not me. But yeah, I'm pretty freakin' stoked about this one. The finish and the inlays alone make it a standout project.

Comment

All those who are not surprised please give us a show of hands...

Comment

Zombie thread- Haven't been on here in a while, frankly because not much was going on here. That said, I finally wrapped up this project back in late March. After The Paint Guys hooked up the body with some sweet crackle, Shane Huss at HEL made me a fantastic new neck for it! The neck is a work of functional art and a nice amalgamation of specs from both Hamer and J/C with a compound radius of 12' - 14". I stopped at 14" because the Hamer necks were all 14" and are very comfortable. I added an OFR w/ fat brass block, a Gravelin Mongoose in the bridge and a SD Hot Rails in the neck. A WD toggle switch CTS 500K pot and Schaller strap locks completed this project! Seriously badass! Best of both worlds, Hamer and Jackson/Charvel IMHO.
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Sweet crackle!

Comment

Looks great! Those inlays are very cool.

Comment

Nice! Love that neck.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The whole project turned out sick. The paint is sweet. I love the customized headstock too. I think I might have to copy you on that if you don't mind.

Comment

Working...
                  X