Ok so I know it's Enemy territory, but a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok so I know it's Enemy territory, but a question

So I was curious if anyone of the vendors (Like Matt, but I don't think he is) here are authorized ESP custom shop dealer? That Edwards E Fr 140 Gt Ba has made me almost convert. I want a custom shop now.

Also does anyone know what kind of damage ESP does to a bank account? I fully expect it to be 4k, but I'm worried that is optimistic. I've never dealt with ESP's custom shop (obviously) so... just curious.

(And yes, I still playing my Jacksons and my Charvels, just... That Edwards has taken the place of everything, even the MK600 which I was so excited about, and pretty much murdered my Carvin, if I actually thought I could get a grand for it, it would be on the block...)
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

$6k-$8k for Order Made ESP these days. If you like the Edwards get that.... it's a Japanese market guitar and it's much nicer than a high end LTD/WMI, better wood, better fretwork, more meticulous build quality. It's full on ESP MIJ quality, but doesn't have the fancy appointments (a step under MII) like upgraded inlays or special paint or tops.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
      $6k-$8k for Order Made ESP these days. If you like the Edwards get that.... it's a Japanese market guitar and it's much nicer than a high end LTD/WMI, better wood, better fretwork, more meticulous build quality. It's full on ESP MIJ quality, but doesn't have the fancy appointments (a step under MII) like upgraded inlays or special paint or tops.
      6-8k? Damn. Yeah I love my Edwards and I'm planning on picking up as a couple more of the same model. I see E-II's on the used market a bit, I want an Arrow at some point.

Comment

Yeah, ESP Order Made is more exclusive than it used to be. Find a dealer, get a quote, that's the only way you'll know. There were a few nicer ESP logo'd standard series FRX out there too, I almost picked one up when they were closing them out. Looking at prices now, I really should have. They were closing them out for $2699 or so a couple of years ago. I wanted a red or silver metallic. Oh well.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Not enemy territory for me. Love my ESP Eclipse so much that I do have Edwards all over my radar for another product from them. One thing to keep in mind, if you do Ishibashi or someone else who sells in JPY watching the exchange rate can be fun.... down to 109 Yen to USD, was 120 not too long ago- an 8% discount or so in USD terms vs today. Great fun!

Comment

I've got 5 lol. 2 E-II's, one V STD, one EX NT, a couple Baritones 401b and 407b and a 5 string bass too. Great guitars. Got the E-II's used, Baritones were b stock absolutely nothing wrong with them. Lotsa bang for the buck, but 6-8 I couldn't do! 4 would be hard enough lol
            Hear the universe scream
            Bleeding from black holes
            Whom horns careless
            And whom God mourns

Comment

I've been looking at nothing but Edwards lately, I am thinking of buying another FR just like the one I already have. Still waiting to hear back from Daneen on the paint idea I sent her. Maybe this'll sound normal when I say it - that Edwards FR 140 I bought, is the first guitar out of ALL of my guitars (Jackson Custom Shops and Carvins included) that just felt right. like I instantly bonded with that guitar. I'll play around on others because they all have their 'thing' but i just keeping going back to the Forrest (see what I did there? see see? see? ermm) I really like the MK-600 but the Edwards blows it completely out of the water. I am hoping they do a version of it, I'll be another one if they do.

This really is the first time where I'm just thinking to myself that everything else can just go into their cases, this one is all I need.

Comment

Working...
              X