what is this? mid 80's Kramer mutt??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is this? mid 80's Kramer mutt??

It has a Kramer neck plate, 2 humbuckers SD-JB, both cocked, floyed, does not look like a kramer headstock, , unfinished, not super thin. The selector switch is weird, the volume knob has a pointer base. A good friend of mine has had it in the closet since the 80s, he always thought is was a custom Baretta. I mic's the strings 8-46 most likely 80's vintage too.... Its definitly some sort of genuine 80's hotrodded something or other, and really hasnt seen the light of day since that time.

IMG_0988.jpgIMG_0989.JPGIMG_0990.JPGIMG_0991.JPGIMG_0992.JPGIMG_0993.JPGIMG_0994.jpgIMG_0997.jpgIMG_1002.jpgIMG_1001.jpg
    A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

More pics
    IMG_1004.JPGIMG_1005.jpgIMG_1007.jpg
    A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

I'd say the body is definitely a Kramer. It has that offset Strat profile like most of them did.
      Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Didn't Kramers of that era usually have a ESP impression on the heel of the neck?
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Looks like a focus plate. I’d gues Focus 1000 with an aftermarket route & obviously non original neck.

Comment

Any ever see a 3 way toggle like that before??

Comment

Originally posted by phragle View Post
              Any ever see a 3 way toggle like that before??
              That looks ok for a Kramer to me at least...

Comment

I’m pretty sure most Pacers and Focuses came with mini switches not a full size 3 way.

IMO that’s a focus 1000 body with a route and added switch.

Comment

Is that a Chandler neck? Looks very much like one I had many years ago.

Comment

leaning towards a reshaped kramer neck....

Comment

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
                      Is that a Chandler neck? Looks very much like one I had many years ago.
                      I'm not sure, but the headstock curve by the low E looks more Kramer to me, but if you got pictures to compare, it could be. I'm in this thread to mostly learn because I could see adding a Kramer Pacer strathead to my collection sometime in the near future.

Comment

What does the neck pickup rout look like? Is it obviously added or does it look factory, painted and all, like the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                          I'm not sure, but the headstock curve by the low E looks more Kramer to me, but if you got pictures to compare, it could be. I'm in this thread to mostly learn because I could see adding a Kramer Pacer strathead to my collection sometime in the near future.
                          Heh that’s been on my punch list for a while. Got plenty of pointies, quite a few beaks. They don’t get much playing time but once I got a Swan, in kramerland the strathead would be the last piece to round out a basic collection.

FWIW I’m having a hard time believing that neck ever saw Neptune. Not a cut down hockeystick, not a Kramer pointy. Focus 1000 with some sort of aftermarket neck is still where my $$ is.
                          Last edited by Vass; 03-09-2018, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                            Heh that’s been on my punch list for a while. Got plenty of pointies, quite a few beaks. They don’t get much playing time but once I got a Swan, in kramerland the strathead would be the last piece to round out a basic collection.

FWIW I’m having a hard time believing that neck ever saw Neptune. Not a cut down hockeystick, not a Kramer pointy. Focus 1000 with some sort of aftermarket neck is still where my $$ is.
                            At least the stratheads pop up from time to time and seem to usually be reasonably priced unless it's that one ebay douchebag.

I thought it might be a cut down banana, but probably not enough material on one to make a pointy shaped like that. I'm clueless. lol

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
                              I thought it might be a cut down banana, but probably not enough material on one to make a pointy shaped like that.
                              You're exactly right. There's a banana-head Focus 1000 hanging near me as I type this, and there's nowhere near enough width to make a Jackson-esque pointy like that.
                              Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Working...
                              X