Ibanez GRG170DX custom build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez GRG170DX custom build

...my latest endeavour...Ibanez GRG170DX - which i bought for 20€. It had many scufs, paint chips, scratches and rust, missing knobs and tremolo parts.

And since i dont really like more than one pickup for my shred axe...something had to be done!

...cannot stop there...

...and now for the paint...

...ups, allmost lost a finger there!

And the finished project:

It is loaded with old EMG 81 (with wires, not quick connect) and locking tuners. This is the second bloodsplatter finish i have done and i think it came out quite good.
    Last edited by Messiah; 02-21-2018, 10:00 AM.

That is fantastic!! I prefer only a bridge humbucker myself. I wish more production guitars came that way.

Comment

Really cool! I'm also a big fan of just one humbucker.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Great conversion to 1 pickup and recessed TOM/string-thru bridge! Excellent job with the finish too!

Comment

How does the long total string length for the low e feel?
          no sig.....

Comment

Great job man! Only mistake i see is the FR is missing. lol My favorite setup is 1 hum top mount floyd oh and White with chrome is also on that list

Comment

Thanks to all! Yes there should be more production guitars, even more at the low end of the budget...less pickups and wiring means lower price...or am i wrong?
              I absolutly hate factory blowout of black, blue and red low end guitars.
              I didnt have any time to properly set it and try it out because i finnished it only a day before me and my girlfriend went to the maternity hospital where i got my first daughter so proper testing will have to be postponed for a little while.

Comment

Looks killer! What did you use to fill the neck pup cavity?

Comment

Congrats on your daughter!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X