Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    This one's got a Charvel logo.
    I know. GMW logo'd stratheads are fairly rare, GMW Charvel clones really aren't.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I always thought it was odd people didn't want the GMW logo - it's a decent logo, works on a strathead and unless you're trying to fake something, I don't see the 'need' for the Charvel logo even on a rock replica..
      Popular is not the same as good
      Rare is not the same as valuable
      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Originally posted by neilli View Post
        I always thought it was odd people didn't want the GMW logo - it's a decent logo, works on a strathead and unless you're trying to fake something, I don't see the 'need' for the Charvel logo even on a rock replica..
        Yeah, I didn't get it either. I'd much rather have a GMW logo'd strathead. I think it looks great.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

It was less about people not wanting the GMW logo, and more about them wanting what was unattainable at the time - a custom Charvel strathead, or at least a replica of one.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
            it was Wilkins, but he left at some point. When Dan started doing the paint that "wizard" title worked. & Neal Moser. IIRC Lee was a BCRich employee at one time. He was offered a bunch of BCRich 2nds by Bernie (depending on who's version of the story the # varies, but it was a triple digit #). All blanks that for some reason were tossed in a storage due to build issues. Neal was BCRs shop foreman, setup man and responsible for a lot of what BCR was, so Lee & Neal partnered to bring those blanks back to life.
            Back in the early 90's Lee also had some Jackson cores, I remember seeing some soloist, and even some Schon cores.
            Wilkins did the paint and clear, early on, and at some point Lee and Pat parted ways. Dan did the graphics, and had his booth in the shop. Not sure where they did the clearcoats. Warmoth did the necks and some bodies from the late 80's to mid 90's. There were some subcontractors that did some stuff for them I did the Namm shows with them from 89-95. Fun times

Comment

Do you still have this guitar?

Thank you

Comment

Working...
              X