Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAYNE guitars...opinions??

Hi guys,

I was just sailing on the net and I went to the Wayne site, just to admire some beauties
    ..and then I wondered what the J/C community could think about Mr.Charvel & son and their instruments

Is there someone who own a Wayne??

In Italy (but I think also in the whole Europe) they would be impossible to find, the only way would be to buy from you in USA….with prices that could go high above the stars due to our import taxes.

Any impressions or opinions on that guitars…??
    Last edited by Luca1973; 11-06-2017, 02:03 PM.

Originally posted by Luca1973 View Post
    ..and then I wondered what the J/C community could think about Mr.Charvel & son and their instruments?
    ....Oh boy

"There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

...I asked for opinions on a certain brand (and in case the men behind it), not for useless posts.

Thanx anyway for your time.

Comment

Easy, my friend. There has been a long history of folks here having strong but polarized opinions on Wayne & son. Nightbat was just anticipating the drama that may ensue from such a discussion again.

Comment

I can't blame Luca for being exasperated though. Why? Because perhaps he genuinely doesn't know that the subject of Wayne and Michael Charvel is a controversial topic, and wasn't aware of the true meaning behind Nightbat's reply. Sometimes we take for granted that history and details are not necessarily common knowledge or that everybody knows the weird and wacky facts behind the stories.
          Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 11-07-2017, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
            perhaps he genuinely doesn't know that the subject of Wayne and Michael Charvel is a controversial topic
            Sorry...didn't know
            Hundred of topics in the forum, almost impossible to read everything for someone who has just arrived.
            I apologize if my reply may sounded hard (to NightBat for first) I absolutely didn't want to feed any flame.

Understood, topic not to touch anymore in the future

Rather than personal facts, I was anyway interested in the technical aspects of the instruments...the only time I saw a Wayne live with my eyes was at a Twisted Sister concert...

Comment

I don't think it's a "forbidden" topic, it's simply just an incendiary one that has probably been beaten to death, and a sensitive story to revisit.

Grover Jackson talks about Wayne Charvel and Michael Charvel in the below video. Watch the segment from 1:24:15 to 1:32:19.

Not that Grover has anything to do with the current Jackson brand, but on the topic of Grover being vocal about charlatans, he would probably have a few words to say about these guys: https://www.jcfonline.com/threads/15...mas-(CAD-2200)
              Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 11-07-2017, 01:47 PM.

Comment

"...WHO CARES??"

Fantastic.
                Thank you, I didn't know about that video interwiew...I'll take some time to watch it entirely

Comment

Absolutely, the whole interview is worth watching in its entirety!

Comment

...I asked for opinions on a certain brand (and in case the men behind it), not for useless posts.
                    Actually,... you did
                    ..and then I wondered what the J/C community could think about Mr.Charvel & son and their instruments
                    That comes across to me as asking about the charvel family specifics (not just/only the guitars)
                    In which case, my reply gave a clear 'heads up' that you were swimming in dangerous waters

I apologize if my reply may sounded hard (to NightBat for first) I absolutely didn't want to feed any flame.
                    No probs
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

wayne guitars are hit & miss, inconsistent and they do not stand behind their builds. I own a 2002 rock legend that was bought new & sent back to them for warranty work, they made excuses and were a complete pain in the ass to deal with. when i got the guitar back it was still not right, rather than pay shipping to cali & back again & deal w michael's BS, i took it to a local luthier who fixed it properly. honestly i had a musikraft parts mutt that was a better made guitar.

Comment

Hi
                        Thanks for sharing again your "adventure" with them.
                        Just after the warning from the guys in this discussion I went back in search for old posts...and I already read about your experience.

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                        honestly i had a musikraft parts mutt that was a better made guitar.
                        This kind of things does not sound new to me...once I tried a very fine assembled superstrat with Warmoth body and neck, it was a great sounding guitar.
                        Last edited by Luca1973; 11-10-2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Hi guys,

I was just sailing on the net and I went to the Wayne site, just to admire some beauties

Is there someone who own a Wayne??

In Italy (but I think also in the whole Europe) they would be impossible to find, the only way would be to buy from you in USA….with prices that could go high above the stars due to our import taxes.

Any impressions or opinions on that guitars…??

there is an inexpensive one on craigslist las vegas nevada right now, like $1500 or so which is a fantastic deal and shoould work on even less with the euro excahnge, or marx exchange, they are worth more right now no?, buy it and have him gift ship it to you, no taxes nothing, they are FANTASTIC guitars and worth more every day due to the fire destroying his shop... good luck... you get so many gifts per year if I remember right.. or find someone flying from vegas on vacation or take one yourself... vrey rare and ncie guitar it is.. very rare and nice..

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/msg/...136618722.html

Comment

Originally posted by DeanIversenGreen View Post
                            they are FANTASTIC guitars and worth more every day due to the fire destroying his shop...

we've seen them pull that scam before.
                            followed by the fire sale. and the mysteriously found guitars that survived.
                            all with jacked up prices because they are "survivors"

ya know what - Charvel was crap before Grover got involved. And the family are nothing but shysters.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post

we've seen them pull that scam before.
                              followed by the fire sale. and the mysteriously found guitars that survived.
                              all with jacked up prices because they are "survivors"

ya know what - Charvel was crap before Grover got involved. And the family are nothing but shysters.
                              This is going back about 10 years or so, actually probably longer when they first started making guitars again (or at least the web site at the time made it seem that way) I had emailed them about a charvel body and I don't recall the exact response but I remember it was from Michael(?) is that the sons name? and I kind of got that weird itchy feeling like when someone tries to upsell you a bridge. I also noticed that most of the artist who had flocked to them when they first came back arn't playing those waynes anymore. anyway. There's better guitar builder options out there now. the risk isn't worth the "Wayne built this" factor.
                              In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Comment

Working...
                              X