Photoshoot day: 1999 ESP/Edwards E-LP-90LTC '68 Les Paul Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshoot day: 1999 ESP/Edwards E-LP-90LTC '68 Les Paul Custom

I've had this guitar since 2005, but it never really had a "proper" photoshoot until now.

In stock form, this has a blank truss rod cover, a pickguard, tiny strap buttons, and tophat knobs. The seller added a classy "Les Paul Custom" truss rod cover. I removed the pickguard. I replaced the strap buttons with a Dunlop Dual-Design Straplok System. And I swapped the tophat knobs for speed knobs. Other than that, it's stock. Pickups are Seymour Duncan JB/'59.

Full sized images on my Imgur account: https://notp1.imgur.com/

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 09-14-2017, 11:39 AM.

Damn nice LP clone!!!

Comment

I have looked at these forever, as well as the eclipse clones. I have an eclipse and would be open to another, wondering about the quality of Edwards generally relative to ESP.

Comment

Online, the general consensus seems to be that Edwards is placed in between E-II (the former ESP Standard Series) and LTD.

Unfortunately, my sample size of ESP and its umbrella brands is too small to corroborate that, since their guitars are not too commonplace in my area and I haven't played enough examples of each sub-brand to be able to arrive at broad generalizations, and I try to be fair in evaluating each guitar based on its own individual merits.

All I know is that this Edwards is wonderful, as is my ESP Mirage Custom. I also couldn't find any fault with the LTD EC-1000 I briefly owned.

Comment

looking sharp, NOTP
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Sweet Edwards! Those are totally underappreciated!
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Nice LP! Thanks for sharing.
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
              X