NGD - Kramer Focus 6000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Kramer Focus 6000

Made a trade. For those of you that don’t care about the details, here is the finished product, a Kramer Focus 6000.

After agreeing on a trade, some slight delays and good communication later, the body and neck arrived on Friday (super-well packed may I add). He did offer to take off the stickers but I insisted as it was part of the restoration process.

Body has some wear and tear, but in good shape, and the neck was damn near mint. The back of it has no dings, and the frets were in extremely good shape. It was like the neck had been sitting in a case, and the body was at the mercy of a child’s toy room haha. Some Windex and elbow grease later I decided to shield the cavity, and give it an admittedly rushed wiring job. The pickup in there is an Alternative 8 that I’ve had kicking around for awhile. I have no intension of adding SC’s or wiring up the switches at this point.

I was originally planning on this process taking a good week or so, but after talking to my bassist he convinced me to at least throw it together to show him at rehearsal on Sunday. So I through the neck on (great fit in the pocket), the trem on (Gotoh Floyd) and strung ‘er up…and that was it. Thing was playable right away.

I was expecting to have to adjust the neck after a day or so but the damn thing hasn’t moved. Straight as an arrow. It obviously needs a few tweaks (and some screws!) including intonation, but it wasn’t that off. They were ALL slightly sharp byt the same amount (so +1 on Gotoh’s initial settings).
    I brought it to rehersal to show the guys and to have a quick run through my rig…ended up using it for the entire 3 hours.
    The alternative 8 was certainly interesting, very articulate and clear, harmonics were great. Still not sure what I think though as it may be a little too clinical and stiff, but we’ll have to give ‘er a few more goes. If I had to keep it in, it certainly wouldn’t stop me from picking it up.

Love the Star Wars stickers.

Nice job with the shielding and assembly!! At first, I saw the first photo and immediately thought "That looks like a Gotoh GE1996T". Yup!
    Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 08-29-2017, 11:46 AM.

Comment

Nice job, and good rescue!

Comment

Thanks! If they wern't prequel stickers I probably would have kept a few.

Also apologies for posting in the wrong section.

Comment

Sweet!! I use to own a minty Red Focus 1000(1 humbucker model) with case and sold it many years ago. GAS was horrible back in my 20`s and 30`s!!

Comment

Underrated guitars. A lot of the time you can get them for the price of the Floyd they're packing.

Comment

Very cool. So is the neck original? Gonna need some singles in there I'm afraid.

Comment

Thank's all! I got confirmation it is an '86.

Vass - True, but unfortunately most people have parted out the Floyd. I put a Gotoh on there and couldn't be happier with it.
                AW - Yeah the neck is original. And like I said, I have no need for single's in this guy!

Comment

Working...
                X