Ngd - kl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd - kl

Well a sort-of-N GD anyway as I've had this one a half year or so. I keep waiting for the honeymoon to end but, at least so far, the good times have not even begun to fade. Though I hadn't really intended to post this one it's so good and Ken builds so few guitars that I thought I'd at least drop a brief few thoughts here in case any of you guys run across his work in the wild and are tempted.

Briefly: The best guitar I've ever owned. Light, resonant, rings like a bell. Effortless player, very fast neck. The finish is oil & wax (no poly, no nitro) which feels great. If I were Newc I'd sand down a few of my Jacksons and try to replicate it (with blood & spikes of course).

I'm going to borrow a couple of pics from the builder as his photography skills far exceed my own:

I'd trade a stack of my Jacksons ... or Gibsons ... or GMPs ... or ... for another one just like it.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Wow, that inlay work is impeccable! Continues across the pickups and fretboard too. The attention to detail is insane.

Comment

Nice! Didn't know he built anything other than the occasional bass or Explorer.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Me either. But then I ran across this one and though, "OMFGIREALLYHAVETOHAVETHATRIGHTEFFINGNOW!!!" Or something. Ken's a super nice guy too. Even though it was one of his customers selling this one he took time to visit with me about his guitars, this build, the inspiration for the inlay, etc. Even answered all of my stupid questions without flat telling me what a moron I am.
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Awesome.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow... that sure is elaborate.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

thats insane

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
                Wow, that inlay work is impeccable! Continues across the pickups and fretboard too. The attention to detail is insane.
                yea, that snake up over the pickup covers is nuts
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                X