NGD Sort of.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Sort of.

It's actually a Hamer Cali LE I've had for a year or so but finally pulled the trigger on getting refinished. The finish turned out pretty nice though with a number of minor but annoying issues, not the least of which was the excessive wait time of 5 months.

I added a Gravelin Mongoose and a new Hot Rails as well as a OFR.

Absolutely love it!
    Really curious to hear more about the finish. And let's see more pics! Also, how do you like the pickup?

I've wanted one of the ibanez's since the first time I saw one. Definitely one of the coolest finishes out there.
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

I found a guy who did these and spec-ed the colors and the approximate ratios but swirling is highly unpredictable. This one turned out pretty good.
      I do not recommend him as a number of issues cropped up that annoyed the hell outta me. Not the least of which was the wait- 5 months when he quoted me 6- 8 weeks. Then there was the plethora of excuses when I would ask for updates and estimated completion dates. Turns out this guy has a pretty shitty rep in the refinishing community as well as with clients. There were some minor workmanship issues as well and frankly, they were rookie or novice screw ups. Should've never happened.

Anyway, the Gravelin Mongoose is a pretty damned good one. Nice bite and bark to the upper mids and nice tight lows. Not too hot but plenty of responsiveness and sizzle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgvAxE16nBg

Comment

Looks stunning

Comment

That looks really cool!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Niiiiiice.

Interesting YT title!
            www.vvforums.com

Comment

Working...
            X