Performance Corsair in the works :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance Corsair in the works :)

So, I currently own 2 Performance Guitars (Hollywood, CA). I bought both used and love them - something magical about Performance.

A few months back I decided to order another - it's all roughed in. Note, these are 100% hand made guitars. Probably the artist known the most for playing them is Warren DeMartini of Ratt
    Attached Files

Cool! I only recently found out that Frank Zappa's blonde Strat was made by Performance.

Comment

Sweet! Any hints on the color/graphic you're going with? Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Comment

Thanks Guys.

Hey Johnny - no secret really. Black body (no graphics), satin neck, chrome hardware (OFR), stainless steel frets, push/push pot, Performance single coil in the neck, TB-5 (direct mount) at the bridge, Shaller strap locks, Setup for 1/2 step down tuning. I considered another Snakeskin but Kenny did not want to do it now as he said he can't get the material at this time and it's also crazy expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rocks View Post
          Thanks Guys.

Hey Johnny - no secret really. Black body (no graphics), satin neck, chrome hardware (OFR), stainless steel frets, push/push pot, Performance single coil in the neck, TB-5 (direct mount) at the bridge, Shaller strap locks, Setup for 1/2 step down tuning. I considered another Snakeskin but Kenny did not want to do it now as he said he can't get the material at this time and it's also crazy expensive.
          Cool. Sounds like a straight-forward shredder. Good call on the TB-5 (my favorite pickup). Bummer about the snakeskin - that would be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
            . Bummer about the snakeskin - that would be sweet.
            Well, in a way as I don't think Kenny will be building guitars much longer - guessing he is in his 70's? And, since I already have a Snakeskin it's not the end of the world
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rocks View Post
              Well, in a way as I don't think Kenny will be building guitars much longer - guessing he is in his 70's? And, since I already have a Snakeskin it's not the end of the world
              Oh, I guess I forgot about that one. I definitely need to make a road trip in 2017 so we can get together.

Comment

Oh, I guess I forgot about that one. I definitely need to make a road trip in 2017 so we can get together.
                Cool and bring your Performance so I can talk you out of it I have at least one Jackson I would trade for it

Comment

Well, my new Performance is complete and ready to ship. It was supposed to take 3 months and IIRC it turned into 6 but Performance is a 2 man boutique shop so it's all cool.

I'll post better photos when I get it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Very nice! Love the snakeskin, too.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Very nice! Love the snakeskin, too.

Thanks, Joe. Here is my other Performance
                      Attached Files

Comment

Cool. Nice and simple.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Congrats on the new black one. And I'm digging the red one too!

Comment

Congrats on the new black one. And I'm digging the red one too!
                            Thanks, John. I'll post better photos when I get it - I'm assuming next week.

The red one is actually more orange - my camera made that look darker than it is. That was the first Performance I bought - guessing 10 years ago now.

Comment

All those Performance guitars you posted look great! Congrats.
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X