• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Force - only 20?

Comment

Sorry, I'll do better next time

Comment

Some sweet axes posted so far! Here are some pics of my humble collection...

The first 10 (L-R): KE3 Kelly, Yamaha RGX-110, Hamer USA Californian, KVX10 King V, Agile AL2000, DK2M Dinky, Peavey EXP Rotor, LTD MA-600 Ninja, Peavey EXP V-Type, & KS2 Kelly Star

DKMG Dinky (Thinking about a refinish in the (hopefully) near future...)

LTD F-255

DK2 Dinky (Project guitar; currently undergoing resto/mod)

LTD Alexi 200 (Another project; still on the 'To Do' list)

WRX (body)/DK2 (neck) Warrior (Also on the 'To Do' list)

DST-3 Star

LTD V-350

Plus, I've got a DK2 body and DKMG neck I'm trying to make a mutt out of as well. I was hoping to get some of my projects completed this summer, but those plans were shot to hell when my #1 employee suddenly quit back in June... It's not easy finding good replacements in a rural area.
        Last edited by Metal Spawn; 12-24-2015, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Just a few of mine:

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
            That KH Andersen... wow, you scored on that. Definitely Holy Grail. I noticed you don't have any early pre-mega fame holy grails though... don't have one because people are asking insane prices or just haven't bought one yet? Just curious. Seeing how nice your collection is, it just seems odd that you didn't post pics of one.
            Well since you asked, lol. Back in the 90s I had some ESPs. all were custom orders and I waited around a year on each one. I had a bolt on KH-2, a neck thru KH-3, a neck through Ouija (yes..and I only paid like $2K for it), and a neck thru KH-4. I sold them all in the late 90's because of money issues and also I was gravitating away from Metallica's music (Reload had really alienated me). At that time, I started getting more into Tom Andersons. I had a couple of Classics, a Drop Top Classic, and a Cobra S. But at that time, I was really moving equipment in and out quite frequently. After the anderson, had a short stint with a couple of Ibanezes, a Jackson Rhoads, an Epiphone Korina V, and a Les Paul Special DC before finally settling in to a pair of Gibson Les Paul Classics. Then I got out of guitar altogether for 8 years and just got back into it last year. Since I now have some money, I am assembling a collection of guitars I loved, guitars I always wanted to own, and a few newer pieces that didn't exist before but I thought I would like....kind of like a greatest hits collection if you will. Still looking for another KH3 (probably a custom order next year) and a 2009 black Ouija.

EDIT: I do have a custom order KH-4 on the way. Took advantage of Sweetwater's 36 mo. interest free financing deal in early July

Comment

Originally posted by zenridaz View Post
              1988 Tom Anderson Pro Am (previously owned by Kirk Hammett of Metallica)

Big Daddy,is there a story behind this one?
              What sort of story are you looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy B View Post
                What sort of story are you looking for?
                You better make something up, before Rsmacker drops by and makes up something for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  You better make something up, before Rsmacker drops by and makes up something for you!
                  Well i'm afraid the back story isn't as exciting as Kirk throwing the guitar into a crowd after a concert and me having to fight off a bunch of groupies to retrieve it. But, I can keep you informed of its future happenings like if i start channeling Kirk's spirit, start a band and have to fight off flocks of groupies. Oh wait, that is the Ouija Board guitar I use to channel the dead Jimi Hendrix and Randy Rhoads (I wish).

Comment

Well since you asked, lol. Back in the 90s I had some ESPs. all were custom orders and I waited around a year on each one. I had a bolt on KH-2, a neck thru KH-3, a neck through Ouija (yes..and I only paid like $2K for it), and a neck thru KH-4. I sold them all in the late 90's because of money issues and also I was gravitating away from Metallica's music (Reload had really alienated me). At that time, I started getting more into Tom Andersons. I had a couple of Classics, a Drop Top Classic, and a Cobra S. But at that time, I was really moving equipment in and out quite frequently. After the anderson, had a short stint with a couple of Ibanezes, a Jackson Rhoads, an Epiphone Korina V, and a Les Paul Special DC before finally settling in to a pair of Gibson Les Paul Classics. Then I got out of guitar altogether for 8 years and just got back into it last year. Since I now have some money, I am assembling a collection of guitars I loved, guitars I always wanted to own, and a few newer pieces that didn't exist before but I thought I would like....kind of like a greatest hits collection if you will. Still looking for another KH3 (probably a custom order next year) and a 2009 black Ouija.

EDIT: I do have a custom order KH-4 on the way. Took advantage of Sweetwater's 36 mo. interest free financing deal in early July
                    Ah, makes perfect sense. All of those 90's and early 00 KH guitars are crazy stupid prices, not really worth it if you consider the newer mid-00's and up customs are a bit nicer than they used to be.

Oh, you're a KH guy. I own a guitar KH promised to buy on a handshake with the owner of Guitar Showcase in SJ... it ended up getting boxed up and driven to him but he ended up not being there and kinda flaked. It's a Masterbuilt Showmaster with a solid koa body. It is one of a pair and was featured in the Fender Custom Shop calendar. They were on display at Guitar Showcase for about a decade marked not for sale until Larry Ellison of Oracle threw stacks of money at the owner and bought the other one. When the pair was broken up, this one went up for sale. New old stock. lol

Sadly, it's sat in it's case most of it's life. Plays nice, sounds great, just not as favored as either my ESP or Jackson customs...

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Good looking guitar. How does Koa sound in relation to woods I am familiar with...ash, alder, basswood, mahogany? I would think it is on the Mahogany end of the spectrum. Is it heavy too?

Comment

Koa sounds great it's almost like mahogany w a maple cap. My favorite sounding BCRs are the koas.

Comment

Nice ESPs Big Daddy B....check your private messages.
                          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                          RIP Dime

Comment

Robins
                            Made by Tokai

Made by ESP

USA

ESP

CS Charvel

Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Signatures

Performance

USA & Gakki Washburns

Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

Comment

Good looking guitar. How does Koa sound in relation to woods I am familiar with...ash, alder, basswood, mahogany? I would think it is on the Mahogany end of the spectrum. Is it heavy too?
                                Koa is a mid weight hardwood. A little brighter in the upper mids... pretty much like mahogany but with a little more bite. A little bit more growly, where mahogany is a bit more moody. If you can understand that.
                                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X