No announcement yet.

Pictures of Collections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man we have some awesome guitars on this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Gartron View Post
      Wow....you sir are winning at life !!
      Haha thanks. Yeah I am doing alright. I was lucky to score this one at the price I did. The seller had no documentation it was Kirk's so there wasn't much interest and I was able to get it at a reasonable price. Every bowling ball pattern TA has a unique paint pattern and I was able to match it up with a couple of pictures I had of Kirk's guitar. I also know Tom Anderson himself and from the info I was able to gather from him, I was pretty much able to confirm it was Kirk's. I have seen a couple other of his pre-owned guitars selling recently in the $10-$20K range and those were never photographed on stage or in the studio, but they had COAs. Mine doesn't have a COA but I have pics and video of him using it. I was able to get it for $4K which is right around the price of a new TA Pro Am with all the bells and whistles.

You can actually see this guitar in the Seattle video from the Binge & Purge boxed set. He is carrying it from backstage. Must have been his warmup guitar from that tour. You can see it here from 4:16-5:30 on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-jyQu6LNZY

here are some additional pics....

I can only assume at this point the barcode must be part of Metallica's massive equipment inventory management system. ie. punch in a number to see what studio, warehouse, country a particular piece is located at any given moment.

I am planning to take it back to Anderson next month for an overhaul and to get the bridge pickup reverted back to an EMG 81. Right now there is a passive in the bridge. I am assuming his tech took it out to salvage it but left the EMGs in the neck and mid. Those don't seem to be hooked up as there is an extra set of pots crammed into the control cavity. The wiring is a mess. Need Tom's crew to straighten it all out for me.The neck is comfy though. Plays real well.
      Last edited by Big Daddy B; 08-28-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Paranoid....you are obviously not very paranoid. I have never seen anyone brave enough to mount a guitar on a ceiling! but it looked like you are running out of room and had no choice!

Comment

Carvin... 2002 SC90, 2011 DC727, 2014 DC800.
          607080.jpg
          20140712_132148.jpg20140712_132448.jpg

Jackson, 2006 Mark Morton Dominion. 1994 Dinky HX.
          m4.jpg20140208_131858_zps8faf029b.jpg
          2004 Les Paul Studio.
          LPS.jpg
          1995 Hamer Special.
          Hamer2.jpgIMG_01831_zpsd3dc6645.jpg

2012 LTD Alex Wade AW-7.
          ESP1.jpg

2008 Dave Mustaine VMNT1 Dean.
          VMNT1silver4.jpg
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            The black one with sharkies? Or the pink crackle? I sold the Leopard.
            The black one with rev headstock. I've commented on it a few times in the past. lol

Originally posted by Big Daddy B View Post
            That esp strat is sweet. Did you import it?
            Yup. I bought it from Ishibashi. Also bought the factory one hum Strat with a Floyd from them. That one even stumped the MIJ experts on the Fender forum but I tracked down official documentation on it. lol Some rare stuff you can only get by importing directly.

That KH Andersen... wow, you scored on that. Definitely Holy Grail. I noticed you don't have any early pre-mega fame holy grails though... don't have one because people are asking insane prices or just haven't bought one yet? Just curious. Seeing how nice your collection is, it just seems odd that you didn't post pics of one.
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post

2008 Dave Mustaine VMNT1 Dean.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]8230[/ATTACH]
              I have one of the import versions of this guitar (with the RIP cover). Absolutely a great guitar. Without a doubt one of the better sounding guitars of my collection. I find the thing is massive and a bit bulky though so it doesn't get as much play time as it deserves. I hate V stands, one night around a year or two ago i was sleep walking and made the thing fall LOL.

Is yours a USA model or an import? I've considered a USA model but honestly feels like i'm on the verge of banging into something every time i hold it. With your experience, do you know if the quality of the USA ones are signif better than the import ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                I've sold a few of these.
                Wow. This surprises me. I totally thought you were trying to hoard all the Jackson strats.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Gregocide View Post
                  I have one of the import versions of this guitar (with the RIP cover). Absolutely a great guitar. Without a doubt one of the better sounding guitars of my collection. I find the thing is massive and a bit bulky though so it doesn't get as much play time as it deserves. I hate V stands, one night around a year or two ago i was sleep walking and made the thing fall LOL.

Is yours a USA model or an import? I've considered a USA model but honestly feels like i'm on the verge of banging into something every time i hold it. With your experience, do you know if the quality of the USA ones are signif better than the import ones?
                  Mine's also a Korean import, first year they came out. I thought the only USA models were the ones with the trans black, red or amber flames tops. I've realized I'm not really a big fan of the V either, it's a little bulky on me since I'm short. I do love the offset Rhoads body, though. I had two USA Jackson RR1T models, but I got rid of them for some stupid reason.

I've been trying to sell the Dean for some time now, as it mostly sits in its case, but I do play it from time to time. I've got to say, it's probably got the lowest action of any guitar I've owned, though. It's tuned to D now and sounds great. I've never been a huge fan of the JB, but the active Live Wires version is pretty damn good.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Unfortunately i got mine used with no case. So until i get around to purchasing a case, only been using it at home. I'm really curious on the quality of USA deans. As you said, the action on my imported one manages to be really low. How much are you asking? (If this isn't the place for a price quote - feel free to pm me)

Comment

Here are mine, Jackson RR1, Fender BG aka Deadpool, 96 Les Paul Studio w/ ebony fingerboard and 06 Gibson Flying V. The RR1 has a Crunch Lab and the Strat has JB, two hot stacks with EMG afterburner. On the Les Paul the only original parts are the pick guard, truss rod cover and back plates. The wiring is CTS pots, Switch Craft toggle, Gibson 490R neck and Dimarzio D-Activator in Bridge. I replaced the tuners on the Flying v so the old V tuners went to the Les Paul. Aside from that and Duncan Distortion in the bridge the guitar is stock.

Comment

Stuff I've had and still have:

For some reason I don't have a pic of my black KV2T...I'll have to remedy that soon.

Comment

1988 Tom Anderson Pro Am (previously owned by Kirk Hammett of Metallica)

Big Daddy,is there a story behind this one?

Comment

sorry folks,my question has already been answered,I skimmed to quickly through the thread and went past the answer.
                            God thats an awesome guitar,never seen one down here but have read thats one of Kirk's favorites.

Comment

Comment

From Left to Right

1. Fender Stratocaster 68 Reissue (loads of mods)
                                2. Charvel Pro Mod So Cal (mexican, stock)
                                3. Jackson Kelly Custom Shop.
                                4. Washburn WI556 Custom Shop.
                                93 USA Soloist EDS
                                USA HT6 Juggernaut
                                Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Working...
                                X