No announcement yet.

Schecter neck thru with duncan pups...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter neck thru with duncan pups...

I just picked up a c-1 classic for $200. it did a stage dive but only suffered minor cosmetic damage . strap or strap-lok failure, i assume.
    I wanted a non trem guitar to drop tune because my nephew had me learn killswitch's cover of holy diver . fun song to play. retuning my model 5 charvel to play other songs...not so fun.

so, to get to the point, i kinda like this schecter. i gave it a once over and it has a pair of genuine seymore duncans in it and the same long scale length as my model 5.
    jumbo stainless steel frets and a beautiful vine inlay set in the rosewood fretboard . it seems to have supernatural sustain. the thing rings like it's made of metal .

i know these have been around for years. this one was made in '07.

I posted this thread to get some feedback from anyone who has one or has played one. they are all over craigslist for $350-$450. for neck a neck thru, that is a great pricepoint. cant help but wonder if these things will someday be sought after like the neckthru charvels made in the late '80's.
    Last edited by MadJack; 04-11-2015, 08:03 PM.
    "tie two birds together and though they have four wings, they cannot fly"

Should be a World Musical Instruments South Korea guitar with a "W" or "E" serial number. You will get thumbs up here from people who have figured out how good those guitars are.

How about some pics ?

Comment

Schecters are good guitars. I used to have one of the original Jerry Horton sig models. Red, with the giant roach on it. It was a great sounding and playing axe. I only sold it because I have to have a guitar with a relief cut for my right arm. After an hour or so of stright playing the inside of my arm was completely raw.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

The south Korean made guitars are great build quality. Some of the neck shapes are all over the place though. The one I have has a skinnier nut and it drives me crazy(1 5/8).

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
          Should be a World Musical Instruments South Korea guitar with a "W" or "E" serial number. You will get thumbs up here from people who have figured out how good those guitars are.

How about some pics ?
          Pics in a few days. lotsa irons in many fires. no "w" or "e" in the number just o8----- sgr emblem under but diamond series denotes korea build. most likely sunday before i can get it out in the sunshine for pictures.
          Thanks for the positive feedback. they may be cultured but i think mine is a pearl.

Comment

"Its been such a long time"

Hey Everyone! Been a long time. I was putzing around on my tablet and ebay suggested a couple charvels for sale. couple links later i ended up here. my life has been a tangled mess since...well always has been, who am i kidding. Last i posted about the schecter classic that doesnt say c-1 anywhere on it. sorry, still no pics. i'm just now recovering from nearly being killed in a head on car accident. 11 years into a shit job that I intended to quit in three months. Lost my log in info and toejam finally helped me get back on here. I see a few names i remember but as i read in a post from last year, it seems to have died down a bit here. I miss being on here and having the time to be on here. you are all a great bunch of guys. I work every minute im awake and rarely have time to play. Trying to get thing back in order...like that could ever happen. I live a few miles from WD guitar supplies. I took the Model 5 in, considering a crown and level. The owner politely refused to do it. Told me the frets were nearly new and told me to bring it back in ten years. Really nice guy. He noodled on it for a few while smoking out front, then walked me in to sell me a jack for my grandson's Bich.

I'll try to get back on here more often than every 4 years, if life will allow it. still have the 86m5, still in near mint condition, still wish i could buy every one i find for sale, still scraping out a living, still a kid a heart. Peace my pointy headstock brothers.

Comment

the owner refused to do it.

Welcome back! Hope you recover quickly!
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Welcome back! And keep playing your J/Cs.

Comment

Welcome back again! Schecters are nice guitars. I had a 007 Elite 7-string in the early 2000s after seeing Jeff Loomis with one. Some great playing stuff coming out of Korea. Enjoy your Model 5, too.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post

How about some pics ?
                    dang it, thought i had some pics handy. sorry. ill try again later

Comment

welcome back, Jack. 3 of my last 4 new guitar purchases were built by World Music in South Korea, including a Schecter Jeff Loomis model. Really good guitars
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                      X