No announcement yet.

marty friedman PRS model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back on the MF PRS topic...and some earlier comments.

Here are some thoughts:
    I believe Mustaine strictly controlled the Band and it's appearance. Back in the Cacophony days, he had the dyed hair which Mustaine did not seem to appreciate in the audition videos and mentioned some of his thoughts in the book. Also in Mustaine's book, he said that looks accounted for very much in a band.Dave probably got him into a Jackson contract and the Black KE-1 made sense at the time.

Remember, Marty did his 1st audition with that Red Carvin, went to Jackson, then ibanez, played LPs, and now PRS. He wasn't specifically tied to any type.

Mustaine parted ways with Jackson and Marty had already left...probably didn't have specific need for Kellys anymore and likely wanted a change for his new career.
    I remember an interview about being tired of painting in gun-metal grey. Besides, going into J-pop and making a living on Japanese television...Marty probably wanted a more audience friendly guitar to play with all those different artists (bet he made a ton of Yen playing with those pop groups too).

Bottom line, I think Marty has changing tastes and doesn't get hung up on gear. I was surprised when he auctioned off his Jacksons and Carvin; by the time he auctioned them, he hadn't played them for about 9-10 yrs.

As for the stars on his PRS fretboard and the same stars on his previous Ibanez models, they're probably inspired by his heavy influence from Ace Frehley.
    Last edited by MF KE-1; 02-22-2014, 08:21 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Btw, if anyone wants to sell a ke-1 with a tremolo...let me know

Comment

Working...
      X