Valkyrie 7 String.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valkyrie 7 String.

I just did some repairs for the area Jackson rep and i was like..... Crap.. I aint been on the forum in a WHILE.....

Well.. since most of my paid work is Les Paul's, I actually haven't had much to post here. BUT..

I did get the prototype Valkyrie 7 String done!!

I friggin DIG it..

Only changes I'm going to make in the future are to put different pickups that the Duncan Blackouts in this one.. (I LOVE Blackout Metals... Not such a fan of regular blackouts.. but i know they have they loyal followers!!)

Inlays in this girl are Scythes with maple handles, Mother of Pearl blades with sterling silver edges.

5 piece neckthru, mahogany backed wings with figured maple caps,

Ebony board with SS jumbo frets and a Macassar Ebony headplate.

The paint is a DEEP trans black.

WWW.HELGUitars.com

Nice!!!
    I like black and white guitars

Comment

Looks awesome man! Right up my alley, well, except for the 7 string part. I've never actually tried one, but I can't see ever needing an extra string myself. Anyway, the inlays are just perfect!
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Cool! It's like a Jackson Death Angel meets a B.C. Rich.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That thing is wicked as hell! Love the inlays too!
          This is what I think of Gibson since 1993. I HATE BEING LEFT HANDED! I rock out to Baby metal because Wilkinsi said I can't listen to Rick Astley anymore.

Comment

Great work on the inlays, body style isn't my thing, but it looks very well put together.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Sweet
              The only thing that I don't like is the big hionkin heel on it. it needs to be shaved like the 90's warriors,, then it would be righteous. Either way,,, I'd play the Hell out of it.
              Great job

MOSHON
              DAVE
              Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 10-12-2013, 02:30 AM.
              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Originally posted by MOSHWITZ View Post

Sweet
                The only thing that I don't like is the big hionkin heel on it. it needs to be shaved like the 90's warriors,, then it would be righteous. Either way,,, I'd play the Hell out of it.
                Great job

MOSHON
                DAVE
                Ya know, looking at the pics i'd see why you'd think that..

but.. i carved the neck so that as my pinky is in playing position on the 24th just as my thumb heel (or whatever that part of you palm is called) contacts the heel.. perfectly comfy for me..

HOWEVER.. that being said.. I got HUGE freakin paws... and that heel could impart a "gibby" type hazard to someone with smaller, human sized, hands!!!!!!

THEREFORE... I think i'll take the suggestion and relieve the next one across the bottoms of the horn cuts eliminating a heel all together
                WWW.HELGUitars.com

Comment

dp
                  WWW.HELGUitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Cool! It's like a Jackson Death Angel meets a B.C. Rich.

Interesting story there......

I drew a guitar design in mechanical drafting class in 1987... it was a Hamer Scarab, and Explorer and an SG designed...

I built one body in 1988.. and i gave it to a friend when i went into the airforce in 1991.....

I later found out It looked stupid similar to the design Rob Cavastany took to Grover... (but the lower rear was more Scarab than a death angel..

I built another in 1998.. when i graduated from college.. someone, somewhere, saw me playing it and told someone else and i got a nastygram telling me not to build them from the area Jackson Rep.. I wish i still had it....

Anyway.. About this time, i got into contact with Neal Moser, who taught me a lot and also told me of some design infringement does and don't... and.. thus the top horn!! (and thus why they might look like BCRich horns!!!)

EDIT

Here's a pic i found of what i called an "interceptor" Similar to a death angel.. but, side by side, not really that close (death angel is MUCH smaller)
                    Last edited by h.e.l.shane; 10-14-2013, 03:34 PM.
                    WWW.HELGUitars.com

Comment

I can see the Hamer Scarab thing, too. Always loved Hamers.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I despise 7 strings but that I would play until my fingers were to the bone!

Comment

Originally posted by h.e.l.shane View Post
                          Interesting story there......

I drew a guitar design in mechanical drafting class in 1987... it was a Hamer Scarab, and Explorer and an SG designed...

I built one body in 1988.. and i gave it to a friend when i went into the airforce in 1991.....

I later found out It looked stupid similar to the design Rob Cavastany took to Grover... (but the lower rear was more Scarab than a death angel..

I built another in 1998.. when i graduated from college.. someone, somewhere, saw me playing it and told someone else and i got a nastygram telling me not to build them from the area Jackson Rep.. I wish i still had it....

Anyway.. About this time, i got into contact with Neal Moser, who taught me a lot and also told me of some design infringement does and don't... and.. thus the top horn!! (and thus why they might look like BCRich horns!!!)

EDIT

Here's a pic i found of what i called an "interceptor" Similar to a death angel.. but, side by side, not really that close (death angel is MUCH smaller)
                          I would have told that Jackson rep to go blow himself. Basically, you can build whatever the hell you want, and there's not a damn thing they can do about it, unless you are a producing on a pretty large scale. I once posted pics on another forum of a guitar I'm building that is basically a clone of my Lado Lazer. I actually got a nasty email from Joe Kovacic himself threatening legal action. Well, I blasted back saying that I'm an amateur builder, building a guitar for myself, and pretty much telling him he's dick for what he said in the email. He actually apologized to me! Anyway, as I said, if you're building a handful of guitars a year, they don't have a leg to stand on (unless of course you put Jackson logos on them and sell them as such).
                          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                            I would have told that Jackson rep to go blow himself. Basically, you can build whatever the hell you want, and there's not a damn thing they can do about it, unless you are a producing on a pretty large scale. I once posted pics on another forum of a guitar I'm building that is basically a clone of my Lado Lazer. I actually got a nasty email from Joe Kovacic himself threatening legal action. Well, I blasted back saying that I'm an amateur builder, building a guitar for myself, and pretty much telling him he's dick for what he said in the email. He actually apologized to me! Anyway, as I said, if you're building a handful of guitars a year, they don't have a leg to stand on (unless of course you put Jackson logos on them and sell them as such).
                            Actually.... you hit the nail on the head "sort of"

You can pretty much rape the body design... but... don't you DARE make that headstock the same!!!!!

And of course, using their logo is just plain stupid...

I remember when Neal Mosers sued by HHI after they tried to tell him to stop building Bitches.... HIS design that Bernie Rico had licensed from HIM........... HHI didn't bother to find out who had the rights to the design and ended up sticking their foot up their ass in the process!
                            WWW.HELGUitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                              Shane mentioned it, already, but building guitars with trademarked headstocks is just asking for trouble, regardless of how many you build. BS or not, they know that the little guy probably doesn't have the money to go to court to fight a C&D letter and they use that to their advantage. Even if you just build a handful a year with your own (or no) logo, right or wrong, you can still be dragged to court. If you have designs trademarked and don't protect them, you lose your trademark (which has happened to Gibson and Fender regarding their body shapes and some of their headstocks).

Sully
                              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                              Sully Guitars on Facebook
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X