Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dammit I really need to stop...SO Zebra or Creme pickup swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dammit I really need to stop...SO Zebra or Creme pickup swap?

Ibanez1.jpgIbanez3.jpgIbanz2.jpg

I played one of these years ago but when it was new I was no where in the position to buy one. I always promised myself if I had the means and one came up at the right time I would get it and do a petrucci combo set in it. I had planned to just go cheap in a month or so and get another Korean RGT42 and go that route but this came up for a price I simply couldnt avoid...and it just has the 2 pictured clear chips.

Keepin this one will likely cost me one of my stars but I simply could not resist. RGT3120 Prestige with the ohsc and case candy

So cream or Zebra on the Liquifire/Crunchlab combo?
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

creme neck, zebra bridge

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
      creme neck, zebra bridge
      interesting idea got me thinkin now
      Haters gonna hate

Comment

Zebra always.
        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
        Sully Guitars on Facebook
        Sully Guitars on Google+
        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Chrome neck and zebra bridge. Any combo would look good in there, IMO. That guitar is a beauty!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Either double creme or double zebras. Mixed pickups looks like you shoplifted them IMO.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Thanks guys I am freakin stoked about it I am kinda inventorying what I wanna play vs what I was collecting. With what I have in the custom orders I had 9 personal guitars that were single humbuckers lol.

Starting to wanna expand a bit I have one HS coming, this one here when she arrives is my only dual bucker axe. I think im going to do a bit of re-arranging. Oh and I won a riduclous bid on some desolation 3t or something for like 85$
              Haters gonna hate

Comment

To be honest I hate the color I really would rather the violet but at that price beggers cant be choosers. The only other production Ibanez other than the rgt42 that I have really liked was the wet rose rgt320wp prestige
                Haters gonna hate

Comment

There was one of these hanging in a Sam Ass for over a year. I didn't know much about it so I never persued it.

Comment

Don, they are IMO the closest thing other than an rgt320q to getting to a J Custom that you can get for a reasonable number. This is just my opinion, there arent many Ibanez axes that do much for me but the USA line, this one the 320, and a few oddballs I love including the cheap as hell rgt42...IMO the best bang for the buck neck thru money can buy on the used market. At least when it comes to inexpensive ones.
                    Haters gonna hate

Comment

I went on GC's used "Ibanez Prestige" section and nearly had a heart attack at some of those prices. I'd go zebra, or cream neck/black bridge (or either or).

Comment

I think the one at Sam Ass was listed at $799. It had some dings in the clear, but nothing too bad.

I'm not to familiar with Ibanez and the different models. All I have is a 1990 RG550 and a 1991 USA Custom. Both are very sweet, but I've had them less than a year. So I'm still a newbie sort of with that brand.

Comment

at 799 id prob have passed too. As I am generally cheap.
                          Haters gonna hate

Comment

I got this beast delivered today...suffice to say GC sucked at shipping as it was sent in the wrong case with the wrong bar and sustained a bit of damage in shipping.... It plays awesome but i think im gonna steel wool the neck a bit as the gloss is a bit over the top.

The Pafs in it are nice but im thinkin crunch lab and liquifire neck. Petrucci combo that should sound great in this. Even with the issues i cannot complain for the price. More pics tomorrow when its nice out.
                            Haters gonna hate

Comment

I'd pass on the Petrucci pups. I dont like them personally. And I dont think either Creme or zebra would work in this guitar.
                              I'd go for black as they are or chrome covered pups.
                              It's almost identical specs to a J Custom I had (8670) and I had an SD3 in the bridge and a humbucker from Hell in the neck, which worked a treat.
                              All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Working...
                              X