Agile pickup swapout.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agile pickup swapout.

I have three Agile AL models that are going to be getting som upgrades.
    I was thinking GFS all the way for pickups.
    AL2000: GFS mean 90's
    AL2500: GFS VEH
    AL3000: GFS Crunchy Pats
    To those that have used these pickups, what were your thoughts on them? I am not set on my final decision as of yet, just leaning heavily in that direction, so any input would really be appreciated.
    Thanks ,
    Bill
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

i enjoy my GFS pickups. i have used the crunchy pats and the big mouth - both in epi LPs. they have gotten the job done nicely. i usually use JB/59 or JB/jazz combo in my higher-end guitars. the GFS pickups have not disappointed. no major tone differences and the performance is just as good. i definitely prefer them to duncan designed or EMGHZ pickups.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I like the stock pickups in my al2000. But if youve got 3 then yeah, mod away. Ive wondered about the gfs pickups too. Let us know how they work out if you end up getting them.

Comment

Tried a few GFS pick ups and wasn't all that impressed in the wire used and the bobbin material seemed to vary a lot.
        The singles get kind of mushy sounding when you roll the tone off.
        There are great boutique winders out there that make much better pick ups for not much more money wise.
        Try Fuelie pick ups and MHD they offer great deals on sets.Shep tone and Electric City pick ups are very nice too.
        I have heard all of these and the quality and tone is there.They don't skimp on the parts like GFS does.
        Cool thing is the winders I mentioned will talk with you one on one and make exactly what you want.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The VEH's are pretty good.
          Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I am quite sure that I'm sold on both the Mean 90's and the VEH's. The crunchy Pats...I am still on the fence about, I MIGHT prefer the GFS upper tier pickups, the Professional Series Alnico II's for a nice vintage Les Paul tone in the AL3000. I'm torn
            I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Working...
            X