Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible NGD on Saturday, advice, again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible NGD on Saturday, advice, again...

I might have a chance to p/u a 1993 epiphone les Paul custom in a trade. I'm offering up the king v professional I just got in a trade or the ltd kh202. Does anyone have any experience with these older supposedly better epi's? It looks great in pics. And pickups were changed to dragon fire something. Just want to get back to having a couple guitars w/o Floyd type trems for playing some good down tuned stuff
    Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
    LTD EC401VF
    Gibby Les Paul
    Ibanez RG220D O Natural
    Fender Parts Caster
    Oranger Tiny Terror Head
    2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
    TU2 Tuner
    Dunlop Cantrell Wah
    Fulltone 70's Fuzz
    Fulltone Distortion Pro1
    Fulltone Mosfet 2
    Fulltone OCD OD
    Fulltone Deja Vibe

Originally posted by chuckbat View Post
    Just want to get back to having a couple guitars w/o Floyd type trems for playing some good down tuned stuff
    If that is your goal, I'd personally try to find a longer scale instrument.

Comment

dragonfire are very cheap pickups but do sound good. If it's made in Korea and it's what you want go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        If that is your goal, I'd personally try to find a longer scale instrument.
        That's not necessary, as long as the strings have enough tension then a short scale will play fine even if you tune down to A.
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

My Ibanez RGD's play far better than any standard down-tuned instrument I ever owned.

Comment

As long as you run 11's you should be OK tuning down on the Epi.
            Be very careful there are fake Epi's out there believe it or not.
            You have the serial number?
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have a 2003 Epi Les Paul Standard Plus and I love it.
              Great tone and stays in tune regards the "abuse".
              Very solid construction, good craftmanship and excellent finish.
              I know your asking about the '93, but this is the only experience I have with one.
              Hope it helps.

Comment

"older supposedly better Epi"

apart from some rare "Woops, our workers thought they were making a perfect guitar and put in too much effort and costs" Epiphones
                Personally I still think it's just saleshype
                epi LP copies have been budget since the start

Got a 2000 Epi Custom, in my arsenal it's the cheapest build of the bunch (but not the cheapes new guitar I bought), cheap hardware, lifeless pickups,, but that's all changeable
                fit/finish is 'okay', ugly routing, off center screwholes, bad masking over the binding makes it look cheap, as if painted with a brush

If I would, I'd make a deal offering the KV3 in trade for that Epi+cash
                I've owned a KV as well, and that was compared to the Epi a much more 'valued' guitar
                "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll wait and look for a EC series from LTD. I like the EMG's anyway.
                  Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
                  LTD EC401VF
                  Gibby Les Paul
                  Ibanez RG220D O Natural
                  Fender Parts Caster
                  Oranger Tiny Terror Head
                  2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
                  TU2 Tuner
                  Dunlop Cantrell Wah
                  Fulltone 70's Fuzz
                  Fulltone Distortion Pro1
                  Fulltone Mosfet 2
                  Fulltone OCD OD
                  Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                    "older supposedly better Epi"

apart from some rare "Woops, our workers thought they were making a perfect guitar and put in too much effort and costs" Epiphones
                    Personally I still think it's just saleshype
                    epi LP copies have been budget since the start

Got a 2000 Epi Custom, in my arsenal it's the cheapest build of the bunch (but not the cheapes new guitar I bought), cheap hardware, lifeless pickups,, but that's all changeable
                    fit/finish is 'okay', ugly routing, off center screwholes, bad masking over the binding makes it look cheap, as if painted with a brush

If I would, I'd make a deal offering the KV3 in trade for that Epi+cash
                    I've owned a KV as well, and that was compared to the Epi a much more 'valued' guitar
                    Sounds like you got one that slipped through QC. I did have 2 at one time and they were both very nice instruments. I still have one of them and the fit and finish is great.
                    HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
                      Sounds like you got one that slipped through QC. I did have 2 at one time and they were both very nice instruments. I still have one of them and the fit and finish is great.
                      Well what was at the wall at that time at the musicshop I got the best of the bunch
                      (yeah I'm a sucker for a white LP, but too much a cheapskate to buy a Gibson, maybe I'll have Ran make me one to my exact specs one day)
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                      X