NGD in T-minus 3 days and counting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD in T-minus 3 days and counting

Wife hooked me up with this beast for the BD. Delivery expected by Friday.
    VERY anxious to try it out. I snagged the similarly produced RL-600 (Alexi's band mate and co-guitarist Roope's model) and was quite impressed with build quality and heft. With the addition of an EVH Franken-Pup, the RL is now a searing 80's shred machine. I'm hoping the Alexi is the same but with greater access to upper frets. With the factory installed Blackout, should be good to go with no replacing the EMG HZ needed

Now I can give you my views on the Alexi model!

Very nice guitar, played that model specifically and loved the finish, and the playability. The only gripe I had about it was the neck access, I haven't felt anything like it before or since. It's got good fret access but you have to play it a certain way, it's very hard to explain. I always play with my thumb on the back of the neck and my fingers like they're getting a manicure. But with this I had to, (and felt comfortable) playing it like how most people strum chords on the lower frets: With their whole palm on the back of the neck.

Regardless, very nice guitar, and congrats on the NGD ya CoB fanboy!

Comment

Good to know! I watched Alexi shredding up high on the neck and noticed a weird positioning of his hand & fingers. Guess that's what you're talking about.

Funny thing is, while I am impressed by what Alexi does in his leads, not really knowledgeable about CoB. Just happen to love Star and RR shaped axes.

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
      Now I can give you my views on the Alexi model!

Very nice guitar, played that model specifically and loved the finish, and the playability. The only gripe I had about it was the neck access, I haven't felt anything like it before or since. It's got good fret access but you have to play it a certain way, it's very hard to explain. I always play with my thumb on the back of the neck and my fingers like they're getting a manicure. But with this I had to, (and felt comfortable) playing it like how most people strum chords on the lower frets: With their whole palm on the back of the neck.

Regardless, very nice guitar, and congrats on the NGD ya CoB fanboy!

Comment

Working...
      X