62 fender mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 fender mustang

So i went in to a local pawn shop today too see if they had anything good and i see that they have a 62(i think thats what it was) mustang in, well, vintage condition; neck looks good, some wear, paint is worn but body is in fairly good condition, a few bumps, no gouges. Its got the old school fender vibrotto bridge. BUT, someone swapped out the pickups. It plays nice, sounds nice accousticly.

What im wondering is if its a good buy forfor $999.00 and how hard it would be to find original pickups
    I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

I thought Mustangs were 64 and after, I don't think so on that price personally. Mustangs were student guitars, Yeah I know, so were LP Jr's.I just traded a Mustang a couple years back for some necks. Few hundred bucks worth.

Comment

$999 is a bit high if it lacks the original pickups, but overall, not out of line. mustangs, duo-sonics and musicmasters were fenders "student" line. the mustang was the top of the line, and has a bit more worth due to the fact the kurt kobain used them. stupid, but true...his legacy has driven up the price of the mustang. a new japanese reissue mustang is $889 at sweetwater.

finding original pickups - actual vintage pickups - wouldn't be too hard. i see them on ebay often. i bought a pair a couple months ago for my duo-sonic. they cost me $125 for the pair. if the pickguard has been modified and you want an original, THAT is what is going to kill you $$$$-wise....unmolested, vintage mustang pickguard are rare because the student guitars were cheap, so many of them were hacked apart and modded in the 70s, treated like trash in the 80s, and then re-moddified in the 90s during the grunge movement....

hope this helps a little bit...
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Pickup swap not a huge deal they can be had fairly cheap.
        If it has the original pots and cap+ case $750 is average.
        I would offer $500.00 and see if they take it.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah, this place doesnt deal much and a lot of times their pricing is peculiar which is why i asked.
          Lol they have an epiphone black beauty in there for 800 and i told them you know you can get a new one for 700 and they said "i believe that one is from when they were made in the usa"

I also liked the ibanez gio in there for 350 lol

Sometimes they get stuff right tho, i got my taylor there for i think 500ish a few years ago
          Last edited by TKEblue; 06-08-2012, 03:36 AM.
          I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Working...
          X