Any george lynch fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
    I agree about the Strat head, that is the coolest Lynch guitar in my mind, and I agree about his tone/song writing at the time as well. Wicked Sensation is loaded with excellent tone, both rhythm and lead, most Dokken and other Lynch Mob stuff, the rhythm tone is complete crap.

As for the rubber dong, I guess it makes a good conversation piece at VERY least!
    I want some of what youre smokin. Back for the attack is pretty much the pinnacle of marshall high gain tone.
    Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Agreed. Back for the Attack and Wicked Sensation both had excellent tone, just different types. Back for the Attack was drenched in gain and scooped, whereas Wicked Sensation was thicker (but still high gain, he used Soldano SLO 100 heads on that album according to Neil Kernon) which goes with the bluesier vibe they were going for. I love both for different reasons, though the pinnacle of George's playing to me was Back for the Attack hands down. I think the animosity between George and Don led to George pulling out all the stops and committing some of his best playing ever to tape. Plus, he had Neil Kernon in his corner (arguably) about the direction of the album musically, whereas Michael Wagener was more of “Don’s” producer, and it shows on the albums he produced in my opinion.

Some people cite Under Lock and Key as the best sounding, but I don’t get it. Yeah, it sounds good, but honestly…I prefer the more visercal sound of the above. It’s like a refined Tooth and Nail. Wagener’s work with Dokken in the 80’s seems too slick in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SausageofPower View Post
        The pinnacle of George's playing to me was Back for the Attack hands down. I think the animosity between George and Don led to George pulling out all the stops and committing some of his best playing ever to tape. Plus, he had Neil Kernon in his corner (arguably) about the direction of the album musically, whereas Michael Wagener was more of “Don’s” producer, and it shows on the albums he produced in my opinion.
        Agree completely. Always thought of Back For The Attack as Lynch's album, which was great for me, because I never liked Don's vocals much, I just tolerated them because I wanted to hear what Lynch was doing.

Comment

I always liked Lynch's tone on the Dokken as well Wicked Sensation stuff. I love the J. Frogg skulls and crossbones guitar look. But I still think his best looking guitar is the Sunburst Tiger. I also liked the Kamikazee II (I think? or was it III?) The white/tan one. Another little known ESP he had which I liked was the Serpent but not the standard black and white one. There was an Amber Serpent which not only differed in color but also the body was somewhat more like a Jackson Demon featuring a longer lower horn. I've only seen one for sale and that was a few years ago, I should have bought it
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
            I always liked Lynch's tone on the Dokken as well Wicked Sensation stuff. I love the J. Frogg skulls and crossbones guitar look. But I still think his best looking guitar is the Sunburst Tiger. I also liked the Kamikazee II (I think? or was it III?) The white/tan one. Another little known ESP he had which I liked was the Serpent but not the standard black and white one. There was an Amber Serpent which not only differed in color but also the body was somewhat more like a Jackson Demon featuring a longer lower horn. I've only seen one for sale and that was a few years ago, I should have bought it
            Since your favorite Lynch guitar is the sunburst tiger then I can think of a bengal tiger that you ought let come back to TN! HA HA!

My favorite was the sunburst tiger with the natural hockey stick headstock that was non-reversed and the Heaven Sent "Piss Off" guitar!

Comment

Hi Keith. Tigger isn't going anywhere. Although you know you'd be the first to know if I was considering selling it. In case anyone is wondering what Keith (Beachjammer) is talking about it, its an ESP M1 Bengal Tiger Neck thru originally built for the 1990 NAMM Show:
              http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y47...DSC_0082-1.jpg
              http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y47...t=DSC_0087.jpg
              http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y47...DSC_0088-1.jpg

As for carved 3D bodies, I do like them. Here's the only one I own though. An ESP Screaming Skull:
              http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y47...t=DSC_0061.jpg

BTW, anyone know whats going on with Photobucket? When I mouse over the image there it no longer shows the proper code to simply copy and paste. I'm having to right click the image and then hit copy shortcut :think: Thats why I posted shortcuts above instead of actual pix. Maybe its time to ditch Photobucket and go to something else for me. Even when Photobucket was working it was slow.
              Last edited by roodyrocker; 05-27-2012, 07:17 AM.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

You're killing me Roody! HA HA!

Comment

Forget the guitars. If you really want to sound like George Lynch....ya gotta get the arthrtis gloves.

Carpel Tunnel of Love...baby!

...yeah!
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Holy Shit Rudy..your carved screamin' skull guitar truly ROCKS. Dude, you got serious toys. I like that!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      Holy Shit Rudy..your carved screamin' skull guitar truly ROCKS. Dude, you got serious toys. I like that!
                      Thank you Bill. Some such as the ESP Screaming Skull I bought years ago, they go for downright stupid prices today!
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
                        I don't know how much the original j frog guitars cost, but their website links to edroman. After visiting his store in vegas and hearing all the things about him, I don't think I would wan't deal with him.
                        Ed Roman died last year, so nobody has to deal with that troll any longer.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow, I did not know that. Who is Ron going to smack upside now? As controversial as he was, I didn't mind Ed Roman overall. I thought he made some valid points, and definitely some less than popular activities.
                          I certainly hold him in lesser contempt than Peter Alenov, Jr, former owner of the infamous local Pete's Guitars. They're likely of the same ilk, but Pete was rather a conniving m'fer who, if you rubbed the wrong way, and if you were not on top of it, he would screw you over. I'm reminded of a certain refret story on a warmoth neck that I had done at his store. It can be daunting to find good dealers and repair people you trust in this industry. Similar can be said for human nature in any industry looking out for itself - like stocks, fuel, corporate execs, human resources, etc

Which also reminds me of a certain Miller beer commercial that aired back in the 90's slamming the Do it Yourself'rs ala in the vein of Tim Allen's Home Improvement. However, such things will not stop me from amateur luthier and amp repair attempts in the era of youtube instruction.

Cool axes btw. I've always had a thing for MIJ copies that had the design carvings in the bodies. Hard as hell to find nowadays in decent shape but apples n oranges relatively to topic.
                          Last edited by charvelguy; 05-29-2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X