Any george lynch fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any george lynch fans here?

I was bored and was seeing if anybody besides j frog builds the skull and bones guitar george lynch used to use. I found this company that builds a pretty good looking one.

Check it out

(I don't know how to post pics.)

They sell for $2500 and come with case and keys, extra set of SIT strings, certificate, strap w/ strap locks, and wrench set.

He has a tax season special right now is $1500.

Just wondering if anyone has or tried one of these?

I don't know how much the original j frog guitars cost, but their website links to edroman. After visiting his store in vegas and hearing all the things about him, I don't think I would wan't deal with him.
    Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
    Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Mike Learn could also build you one like he did for Jackson:

Comment

I'm a George Lynch fan. I haven't dealt with anyone with a. J Frogg before and if I remember correctly, his original had a lot of sort of slapped on pieces. I can't tell you about replicas either but I have my favorite Lynch guitar and that's the ESP Sunburst Tiger.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

My favorite was the amber maple top, strathead he used when he was laying down tracks for LM..'dance of the dogs', '"all I want". He was on top of his game in writing, tone and skill. That was a classy guitar that oozed geniune sincerity IMO!

These ..are just silly. I wouldn't want these for free. Go ahead, offer me one for free. I will kindly decline the offer.

Seriously, I'd rather strap on a rubber dong on my head than one of these Lynch skull guitars. Holy fuck my ass!!!

I would take the rubber dong of course..I mean, who doesn't have some use for that??!!
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
            I don't know how much the original j frog guitars cost, but their website links to edroman. After visiting his store in vegas and hearing all the things about him, I don't think I would wan't deal with him.
            Ed no longer exists, so you could try to reach out to the J Frog people if necessary.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Anyone heard from Billz lately?

Kind of quiet around here...subdued and creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                My favorite was the amber maple top, strathead he used when he was laying down tracks for LM..'dance of the dogs', '"all I want". He was on top of his game in writing, tone and skill. That was a classy guitar that oozed geniune sincerity IMO!

These ..are just silly. I wouldn't want these for free. Go ahead, offer me one for free. I will kindly decline the offer.

Seriously, I'd rather strap on a rubber dong on my head than one of these Lynch skull guitars. Holy fuck my ass!!!

I would take the rubber dong of course..I mean, who doesn't have some use for that??!!
                I agree about the Strat head, that is the coolest Lynch guitar in my mind, and I agree about his tone/song writing at the time as well. Wicked Sensation is loaded with excellent tone, both rhythm and lead, most Dokken and other Lynch Mob stuff, the rhythm tone is complete crap.

As for the rubber dong, I guess it makes a good conversation piece at VERY least!
                Out Of Ideas

Comment

Honestly, the best replica of "Mom" is built by CWG Guitars (Christopher Woods Guitar). They have a basic version and then one that is hand-finished to a greater degree. Seems to be the most "accurate." You can Google it, I'm at work and firewalled unfortunately.

I agree on the amber maple top though, that guitar (and the riffs being played on it) was amazing. I wonder why he didn't hold onto that one?

Comment

Shouldn't this thread be titled "Is anyone a J Frogg fan?".

When I think Lynch, my first thought is Bengal Tiger, but that's not what this thread is about.

And yes, I'm a fan and I'm thinking of having a single hum solid maple body made for my Charvel neck.

But I'm not really a fan of 3D carved guitar bodies.

Comment

When I think Of George Lynch. I Think Aria Pro II. Mr. Skunkhead..that's scary!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

When I think Of George Lynch. I Think Aria Pro II. Mr. Skunkhead..that's scary!
                        George Lynch always looked like Daniel Boone with that Do..he prolly liked that show. I did NOT because of that horrible racist theme song. Ya'know..

Daniel Boone was a man
                        ..and a big man.
                        But the bear was bigger
                        So he ran like a Ni&&er
                        ..Up a tree..

That's horrible !!! You could NOT get away with that shit these days! And, I would testify to this under oath! In a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalDaze View Post
                          Mike Learn could also build you one like he did for Jackson:

Is this Mike's creation? I swear that man has talent!!! Regardless of this George Lynch theme. I LIKE this carved/aged look. Even if this is George Lynch Theme. I never did like the original black/white "Bones". "Burning like a flame (How terrible was that) I could see a cool use for this design. Possibly like a custom star pointy with gargoyles, church spires, Peeps, horns, pud, balls and poon. Something more Satanic..something cooler..something more ummmm...Bill Z Bub !
                          Last edited by horns666; 05-23-2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

I don't know if I would buy one for a main guitar, but it would look pretty cool in a music room.

After looking at the carved bones, it looks like it would be somewhat uncomfortable...
                            Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                            Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Is this Mike's creation? I swear that man has talent!!! Regardless of this George Lynch theme. I LIKE this carved/aged look. Even if this is George Lynch Theme. I never did like the original black/white "Bones". "Burning like a flame (How terrible was that) I could see a cool use for this design. Possibly like a custom star pointy with gargoyles, church spires, Peeps, horns, pud, balls and poon. Something more Satanic..something cooler..something more ummmm...Bill Z Bub !
                              Yeah, that was one Mike did for Jackson's booth at NAMM a couple of years ago. I believe they built the guitar with the body just being a chunk of wood for Mike to carve. He did the carving/aging.

Comment

Working...
                              X