Thought you may like this...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought you may like this...

Ran built this for me.. it is essentially like a jackson in Les Paul clothing.
    It has been a dream for me for a very long time... I started out on a les paul..once I moved to Jackson it was very hard to go back to but I still missed the vibe of the LP.

choosing to recess the trem was a hard one.. I weighed it back and forth for some time but I didn't want to angle the neck on a neck-thru and I didn't want the bridge sitting on top of the body.
    In the end I am happy with my decision. Plus, that is what I have Charvels and GMW's for...this guitar needs a floating trem because I wanted it to be very versatile. Most of my other
    guitars are 1 trick ponies.

I gotta add that Ran are awesome. Minus the shipping the price was totally reasonable for what is essentially a super high quality instrument. Everything was done to my exact specifications..I've dealt with other
    custom shops in the past where things were overlooked, changes, etc and that was not the case here. I'd like to add that I contacted multiple Gibson dealers to get a custom shop quote and not a single dealer returned an email or phone call.
    I hope you enjoy the pics as much as I do. I realize this things is so specific to my tastes that it may not be for everyone but that is why we go custom, isn't it?

That is fucking stunning... Holy shit. I apologize for the profanity but that is a really really nice Ran

Comment

Wow! Curious how much this ran you (see what I did there?)
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
          Wow! Curious how much this ran you (see what I did there?)
          You cheeky bastard...
          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Looks awesome! Can't help but feel a bit tempted by those guitars on Ran's homepage.

Comment

Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Wow - Super Nice. I love the clean lines and classy look with a very subtle metal vibe. Can someone please post Ran's ULR, I would love to check out his other work.

Comment

Flat out awesome. Love it. Congrats.

Comment

Very nice. How is this different from the Gibson Axcess? I think this one is not an arched top, but I can't see the neck join.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                      Flat out awesome. Love it. Congrats.
                      +1 This is one serious LP!!! Congratz!
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for Praise!!! Some of you had questions, let me answer them....

Cost: Cost minus shipping (Shipping is like $250 but arrived in 5 days) was around $2000 US

How does this differ from the Axcess: Good Question...I like the idea of the Gibson Axcess, espcially the rear cutaway for upper fret access but overall the ran seems more modern, especially with the neck profile (like a charvel "c"). Plus I wanted thin binding, blank ebony board, EMG's etc. I was a loyal Gibson customer for a long time but they need to address many things, especially quality control. The last "new" les paul I bought was in 2004 and when it arrived the case shroud had "melted" into the clearcoat. Considering their prices and their attitude towards people in the $1500-$2500 price range I'd be a fool to praise Gibson today.

Ran Website: http://www.ranguitars.com/

Comment

Your Ran looks nice! As far as Gibson goes, I have a few Les Pauls including a couple Les Paul Custom Axcess models with Floyds. Neither one had any quality issues. Generally speaking Gibson isn't as consistent as Jackson but so far no major issues for me with them. I'm curious what color was your Les Paul that had the shroud bleed into it? Was it white? Gibson uses nitro paint and it does easily get affected by many things. That includes even a guitar stand! Anyway, your Ran looks badass!
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

That's amazing.... Enjoy

Comment

That look awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X