Pointy with ebony board and TKL softcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointy with ebony board and TKL softcase

A Dean Z Eighty-Eight in gunmetal grey. These any good?

not really, back in the day one of my students had one. the trem sucks and it was a decent starter guitar.

Comment

I gotta agree. It's a decent starter, but beyond that I wouldn't really recommend it.
      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Well, everything for $90 was a little too hard to pass up LOL!

I plugged it in last night. The first single by the neck is pretty high output, like a humbucker. The middle sounds stratty. The bridge threw me off until I figured it out. It's a three position mini switch. The middle position is off. One way is humbucker, the other way is split.

The neck feels nice. Similar to a Model series, but no model series ever had ebony.

The trem is blocked. I'm not sure how, but it is.
        Last edited by DonP; 05-13-2012, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Those old EMG Select pickups are pretty decent... a little dark sounding from what I remember.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Those old EMG Select pickups are pretty decent... a little dark sounding from what I remember.
            This must be the first time in the history of the internet that someone has called EMG Selects something other than a derivative of the word shit. I guess you wait long enough and everything becomes vintage or classic. To quote Comic Book Guy, "Worst pickups ever."..............

Comment

Had a pair in a Dinky Reverse in the late '90s... they really weren't bad for Korean pickups, just a tad on the bassy/dark side (not muddy, though).
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                I think you are right. Still in the "Getting to know you" phase

Comment

selects suck, are super bassy and are ONLY good where they should be....in a bass....
                  http://youtube.com/amimbari

Comment

Working...
                  X