Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Solidbody Acoustic Guitar Made in USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
    Looks like either a 80s vantage or an aria pro ll
    I've added a picture of the headstock on this guitar next to what I see on Vantage guitars, do they really look the same to you? I don't mind the comparisons, but I don't think similar is what I'm looking for here. If you can provide a picture of either a Vantage or an Aria Pro II with the same headstock shape, that might give a little credibility to the comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMedal II View Post
      As cool as it would be that Jackson would make acoustics, I can't say that it looks legit. You'd think if Jackson made an acoustic, our forum would have found out...we are a nosy bunch!
      BTW, are those 2 tie dye graphic Jacksons on photobucket yours? I always loved those graphics, and the ones I've seen are usually bolt-ons, and those look like soloists!
      You'd think if Jackson made neck thru Soloists with a tie dye graphic, you would have found out, afterall, you are a nosy bunch

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
        Deff a Vantage headstock shape.
        Google Vantage guitars there will be tons of images.
        I can't find the same headstock shape from the tons of images of Vantage guitars, perhaps you could produce one? Maybe Vantage made a one of, changed the headstock slightly, and whoever bought it, decided to change the Vantage decal to a Jackson....sounds likely.
        Last edited by silverwheels; 05-08-2012, 12:08 AM.

Comment

How bout this, has anyone ever seen another guitar like this, from any guitar maker, outside of the Chet Atkins CEC? I googled "solidbody acoustic guitar, and didn't have much luck finding anything. I can understand the idea that someone may have custom built this guitar, but if it were a Vantage or other, wouldn't there be others like it, and wouldn't the headstock shape be the same as those other brands that have been mentioned? I'm not claiming this is a genuine Jackson, but it would be nice if those saying it's probably this or that, could actually provide some evidence of it being the same as this or that. Wouldn't that be reasonable?

Comment

Is the body truly solid? I mean, the soundhole is what, 1" deep?

Typically that type of electric-acoustic is called a "thinline" or somesuch.

Only one I know of coming from Jackson was the Charvette Telecaster-shaped model, and that had the thinline-type body. Of course that's barring the Jazz'R, which was more of a semi-hollow/chambered deal with spruce sides and maple top and back.

From what I've read, Jackson USA didn't want anything to do with the hassles of making a USA acoustic, so if this were an Artist's guitar, that artist would have to be a Big Fuckin Deal.

Or a psycho bastard who said "here's a ton of money, just do whatever you can"

And Jackson doesn't stamp numbers in the actual fretwire
            Last edited by Newc; 05-08-2012, 07:33 AM.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by silverwheels View Post
              How bout this, has anyone ever seen another guitar like this, from any guitar maker, outside of the Chet Atkins CEC? I googled "solidbody acoustic guitar, and didn't have much luck finding anything. I can understand the idea that someone may have custom built this guitar, but if it were a Vantage or other, wouldn't there be others like it, and wouldn't the headstock shape be the same as those other brands that have been mentioned? I'm not claiming this is a genuine Jackson, but it would be nice if those saying it's probably this or that, could actually provide some evidence of it being the same as this or that. Wouldn't that be reasonable?
              Hey dude, with respect. No one here needs to prove anything. Just because no one has comprehensive proof that it’s NOT a Jackson, doesn't mean that it IS a Jackson. What do you think the odds are that you have a one of a kind Jackson that no one here has ever heard of? Honestly? People are giving you their opinions based on experience. If you choose to not believe that, then that’s your choice. But that’s why you came here no?

I can post a picture of a guitar and I bet money you have never seen it before. That means nothing.
              Last edited by dvscool; 05-08-2012, 08:44 AM.
              -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I'm gonna go with fake...
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Cort AS 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Cort...-/200595099564

http://www.google.com/search?q=cort+...w=1024&bih=672

Inlays are identical, etc.

Comment

Now that's more like it! I think you've just solved the mystery. Contrary to what others have said, I was not trying to convince anyone that this was a genuine Jackson, and yes, I was looking for input, this kind of input, not a bunch of silly comparisons to guitars with obvious differences. Props to you Vass, for providing good info!

Comment

Now that's more like it! I think you've just solved the mystery. Contrary to what others have said, I was not trying to convince anyone that this was a genuine Jackson, and yes, I was looking for input, this kind of input, not a bunch of silly comparisons to guitars with obvious differences. Props to you Vass, for providing good info!
                      +1 A lil common sense goes a long way.
                      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

So as everyone suggested. Its not a Jackson. Go figure....

Comment

I like it more with the Jackson logo.
                          "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                            I like it more with the Jackson logo.
                            +1, I would leave it, it looks cool.

Comment

Vass nailed it so there we go.
                              I added your quote because we were trying to help you.But you think our help is just a silly comparison? JCF isn't harmony central.
                              Cort made guitars under lots of different brand names as did Matsumoko so you may find that headstock shape on another guitar.
                              Yours looks like someone removed the headstock overlay and put a Jackson logo on it
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I believe the OP's point was if you think it's something, show why, like some did later in the thread. Otherwise, hell, it might as well be a wild guess for all he knows. I think he got the point that it wasn't a Jackson early on.
                                In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Working...
                                X