Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Solidbody Acoustic Guitar Made in USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No serial no. and no markings of any kind, just the headstock decal.

Thanks for all the input. I did contact a rather large music guitar store, out west, and spoke with one of their employees, who then contacted his "inside" Jackson guy, and his response was

"We were not really able to come up with any information, even my inside Jackson source was unable to get any information. there was some speculation that it may have been made for an artist or perhaps an employee guitar or prototype, but without provenance it will be difficult to ascertain."

I would think that an "inside" Jackson guy might have suggested that it doesn't look very Jackson-ish, as he seen all the same pictures.I was also able to contact the individual who sold this to a friend of mine, who said he bought it in a pawn shop in Baldwin CA, but knew nothing more. I too considered the idea that someone may have added the Jackson logo, but due to the yellowing, it would appear to have been done a long time ago, due to the varying degree of yellowing around the outline of the decal itself. I have to wonder though, why would anyone want to put an old Jackson decal on a guitar that would never be passed off as a Jackson guitar, seems to me that would be like putting a Gibson decal on a Fender Strat. I suppose it could have been done by someone with a strange sense of humor, nothing's impossible! None the less, the guitar plays and feels great, and when plugged into a good tube amp, it sounds fantastic, and worth every penny I've got into it.

Thanks again for all the input, even the naysayers, which I was when I first saw it. If anyone gets any concrete info, please advise!

Comment

I would take the electronics out (volume, tone anyways) and see if you can get anything on them (markings, manufacturer, who knows). This would drive me nuts.....

The body actually does look like a Jackson....looking again...hm.
      Last edited by dvscool; 05-07-2012, 12:59 PM.
      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Depends on what his 'inside Jackson guy' does / how long he's been there etc He could be a clerk in Arizona...
        Popular is not the same as good
        Rare is not the same as valuable
        Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Good idea, I'll check the electronics and add some pictures. The piezo is apparently passive (no battery), and it sounds a hell of lot better than the afore mentioned Chet Atkins model, which I have owned in the past, much more of an organic sound, like a good acoustic, but with great low end and sustain. The construction and finish are very well done, if in fact, it was built by someone in their garage. I'm not sure if I should name names of persons I've spoken to about this guitar, but it was someone at Ed Roman's, and I have no clue as to who his "inside" Jackson guy is. I can't say it's driving me nuts, but I am curious about it's origins. Personally, I'm a Fender guy, and I can readily spot what's real and what's not, when it comes to Fenders, but I only know a bit about Jacksons. I believe the logo would have come from the San Dimas era, due to the location of the "made in usa" which is located under the Jackson as opposed to after the Jackson. Another thing to consider is how the decal was cut out, and whether that's consistant with the way they did it back in the custom shop days. If anyone wants to see any close up details of any aspect of the guitar, let me know. Thanks again to all!

Comment

I've never seen a Jackson with a scarf joint in the middle of the headstock but who knows?
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

I've added a few pictures of the electronics, and one of what looks to be a tiny stamp in the middle of the last fret, but I can't really make out what it is, possibly a 5B or 58, it's very hard to tell. The pots have an stamp in the middle which is a small square with looks to be a JP, the volume pot is a D500K with what looks to be a 7LW, and the tone is a B500K with 7CW stamped on it as well.

Comment

I added another pic of my 2 SL1's, just so you know that even though I'm a Fender guy, I'm also a fan of Jackson's

http://s654.photobucket.com/albums/uu262/silver_wheels/

Comment

Originally posted by silverwheels View Post
                  I added another pic of my 2 SL1's, just so you know that even though I'm a Fender guy, I'm also a fan of Jackson's

http://s654.photobucket.com/albums/uu262/silver_wheels/
                  As cool as it would be that Jackson would make acoustics, I can't say that it looks legit. You'd think if Jackson made an acoustic, our forum would have found out...we are a nosy bunch!
                  BTW, are those 2 tie dye graphic Jacksons on photobucket yours? I always loved those graphics, and the ones I've seen are usually bolt-ons, and those look like soloists!
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Those tie dye SL1s are awesome.

I have never seen one before with the reddish/blue colors like that second one, they all looked similar to the first one. Very cool.

Comment

Looks like either a 80s vantage or an aria pro ll

Comment

I noticed the scarf joints in places on the headstock that screams Aria or a Matsumoko made guitar.
                        The color on the headstock looks odd too like a refin with an old school large Jackson waterslide logo.
                        If Jackson made that they would have used a black headstock face or a matching burst but a white logo.JMO.
                        Last edited by straycat; 05-07-2012, 11:04 PM.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

If Jackson made an acoustic, wouldnt it be more pointy? I know Charvel used to make em. But never seen one with the almighty J
                          Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
                            Looks like either a 80s vantage or an aria pro ll
                            If you can find either of those with the same headstock shape, please give me a shout, or post a picture.

Comment

Deff a Vantage headstock shape.
                              Google Vantage guitars there will be tons of images.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yes, the 2 Tie Dyes are mine, and yes, they are neck thru SL1's from '91

Comment

Working...
                                X