NGD! My first seven string :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! My first seven string :)

Hey guys! Ever since laying my eyes and playing my first seven string, I told myself I'd wait until I found what I truly wanted. After a while of thinking, I realized my first seven string, (unless I won the lottery which didn't happen ) my first seven string would be an Ibanez RG7620. And today I got one!

Basic RG7620 specs, with some upgrades, including: D-Sonic in bridge and Blaze neck in neck, brass sustain block, Dunlop strap locks, and a mod which basically means I can screw my tremolo arm in unlike most Ibanez trems I'm definitely considering swaping the pickups to an Air Norton or a Liquifire in the neck and an X2N in the bridge, either when I have money or I find a good trade. It also needs a new volume knob, and maybe in the future I'll give her a new coat of paint.

My pictures are terrible, so here's the original for sale ad:

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/gui...aller-arm.html

And here she is with my hideous fuzzy photos:

Cool! My first 7 was also an RG7620 in the same Vampire Kiss color in the early 2000s. It was a cool guitar, but I got sick of the 7 after awhile and got rid of it. Then I got a Schecter 007 Elite as my next 7 and eventually sold that one off, too.
    Last year, I got the 7-string bug again and ordered a Carvin and play that quite a bit now over any 6 and don't think it will be going anywhere.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Extra points for the Jeff Loomis poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
        +1! Congratz NGD!!!

Also have a RG7620, mine is black.

JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
        Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Sick dude..I'm an Ibanez freek, but I don't have a 7 string..YET! When I do it will be an Ibby. Enjoy dude...
          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Cool! My first 7 was also an RG7620 in the same Vampire Kiss color in the early 2000s. It was a cool guitar, but I got sick of the 7 after awhile and got rid of it. Then I got a Schecter 007 Elite as my next 7 and eventually sold that one off, too.
            Last year, I got the 7-string bug again and ordered a Carvin and play that quite a bit now over any 6 and don't think it will be going anywhere.
            ! Do you have any pictures of the Carvin?

! I got it when I saw him a few weeks ago, even got it signed!

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
            +1! Congratz NGD!!!

Also have a RG7620, mine is black.

Thank you! I had a change to pick a black one up, but too many people have black guitars, and this one had the mods done. Yours is nice!

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
            Sick dude..I'm an Ibanez freek, but I don't have a 7 string..YET! When I do it will be an Ibby. Enjoy dude...
            Thank you! I'd definitely suggest the RG7620 if you're an Ibanez freak, you can find them with pretty good price tags as well.

Comment

Okay, now even more points for the autograph! Jeff Loomis is GOD!

Comment

Okay, now even more points for the autograph! Jeff Loomis is GOD!
                Thank you! Shook his hand too!

His touring guitarist, Joe Nurre I think his name is, did the vocals on the track "Surrender" when they played it live, sounded absolutely phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
                  ! Do you have any pictures of the Carvin?
                  Here ya go. Vintage Yellow over maple body with tung oiled five-piece mahogany/maple neck.
                  Decided I only wanted one pup with one volume (push/pull for coil split).
                  349_349_CIMG00021_1_6.jpg
                  349_349_CIMG00051_1_6.jpg
                  349_cy_4.jpg
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Jeff's my boy...got to talk to him on the phone. His show was sold out. But a bud has 'em on speed dial..pun intended.

I take 100% credit for bringing the name Jeff Loomis and Nevermore to this forum over 10 years ago. These are facts.

He did NOT believe me that he was one of the greats...long ago.

On topic ..gave my son my DR-7R. I couldn't gel with it. But he took to it like a fish to water of course. My guitars are all tuned to D standard, and they play themselves. I gotta go with what I know. My Wolfie drops to C.
                    Last edited by horns666; 04-29-2012, 01:15 PM.
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

thats a slew of nice 7's and ibanezes...d.m.
                      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                        Here ya go. Vintage Yellow over maple body with tung oiled five-piece mahogany/maple neck.
                        Decided I only wanted one pup with one volume (push/pull for coil split).
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3956[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3957[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3958[/ATTACH]
                        That's stunning TJ!

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        Jeff's my boy...got to talk to him on the phone. His show was sold out. But a bud has 'em on speed dial..pun intended.

I take 100% credit for bringing the name Jeff Loomis and Nevermore to this forum over 10 years ago. These are facts.

He did NOT believe me that he was one of the greats...long ago.

On topic ..gave my son my DR-7R. I couldn't gel with it. But he took to it like a fish to water of course. My guitars are all tuned to D standard, and they play themselves. I gotta go with what I know. My Wolfie drops to C.
                        That's a pretty sick story! How did you meet him? If you don't mind me asking of course.

Originally posted by diablomozart View Post
                        thats a slew of nice 7's and ibanezes...d.m.
                        Thank you!

Comment

Grats on the 7, i don't like red in general but i always liked that red. 7's have grown on me enough it's mostly all i play. I like that the strings are closer together. I always did like a more narrow string spacing, but now six strings with R3 nut string spacing seems even more far apart than ever. They do grow on you, after a while it feels weird not having that low string, even if you are playing something where you are not using it, like the low E is the new A, lol.

I remember when Loomis was just another guitarist around town, he was good for sure and he did well in the local shred battles, but up until he joined up with Wally he was just another guitarist really.
                          Goes to show you never know! Meeting up with the right people that you click with can make all the difference.
                          Thing i remember most though is him eyeballing my girlfriend in the club ~ she was pretty fucking hot i must say, and me thinking "that's right mofo", lol, but alas chicks come and go, i think he ended up getting the better hand in life

Comment

Working...
                          X