NGD! - 40 bucks!! Yes....40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD! - 40 bucks!! Yes....40

That’s right 40 bucks. I believe it’s a 2000 Squire. Its scratched, chipped, dinged, faded and pretty beat to shit overall. The guy was having a hard time selling it as a result ( oh really?). So he was happy with 40 bucks ! The only thing I cared about was the neck and frets and they are both solid and actually clean. I brought it home, cleaned it up, restrung it and set the intonation. I’m telling you, this thing plays and sounds great. It actually inspires me. I shit you not man! I love the beat up vintage look and I love the big dirty, sluty head stock. I love the silky, bluesy tones I get. It sounds just the way it looks, like an old beat up strat. I’m telling you boyz, if you’re looking for a cheap-ass sweet guitar buy one of these things. Best 40 bucks I have spent in a long, long time.

Thanks to Jacksonkellyfreak for his input on these gits! You were right dude...

The pics actually make it look better than it really does...lol

IMG-20120421-00264.jpgIMG-20120421-00269.jpgIMG-20120424-00286.jpgIMG-20120421-00270.jpgIMG-20120421-00271.jpgIMG-20120421-00265.jpgIMG-20120421-00266.jpgIMG-20120421-00267.jpgIMG-20120421-00268.jpg
    Last edited by dvscool; 04-24-2012, 10:10 PM.
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Cool. Nothing wrong with a beater like that.

Comment

I loved my china fender, played the frets down to nothing. Great couch practice guitar.

Comment

man, it looks wayyy better than you described it. you stole that thing for 40. just call it a relic and watch people act like they knew squier did the relics too lol. "ohhh yea i heard they were doing that now." I love my squiers, and i hope ya have damn good fun with that thing. one piece of advice though that i kept forgetting to mention to you: go to musicians friend or stewmac and spend 5 bucks for roller string trees. they make a whole world of difference in tuning stability. those cheap ones (relative term, since the good expensive ones are $5) snag the strings and when the tension releases you can lose as much as a 1/2 step. ugly ugly sounding shit right there.
        Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

oh yea and i just noticed the pickup heights. just advice but if you lower the bridge and neck to the height that the middle is currently at, itll have a smoother tone, better cluck in positions 2 and 4, cut the hum way back, and itll avoid strat-itis. the neck pickup will actually fuck the intonation really bad if its too high
          Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonkellyfreak View Post
            man, it looks wayyy better than you described it. you stole that thing for 40. just call it a relic and watch people act like they knew squier did the relics too lol. "ohhh yea i heard they were doing that now." I love my squiers, and i hope ya have damn good fun with that thing. one piece of advice though that i kept forgetting to mention to you: go to musicians friend or stewmac and spend 5 bucks for roller string trees. they make a whole world of difference in tuning stability. those cheap ones (relative term, since the good expensive ones are $5) snag the strings and when the tension releases you can lose as much as a 1/2 step. ugly ugly sounding shit right there.
            Honestly dude, its beat. It looks better outside. The pickgaurd is faded to almost a yellowish tone (maybe nicotine lol) there is not 2 inches on this thing there isn't a nic or scratch....this guitar is a ball man...I think everyone should own one.

Comment

eh, like i said, call it a relic. as long as you love it, and love the tone thats all that matters anyway right? its like i told you in the pm, people rag on squiers until a good player plugs one in and gets good tone from it. then they shut up and go buy one themselves lol.

Comment

Your right, that is a slutty headstock. Lol. I like that guitar. Nice score
                Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
                LTD EC401VF
                Gibby Les Paul
                Ibanez RG220D O Natural
                Fender Parts Caster
                Oranger Tiny Terror Head
                2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
                TU2 Tuner
                Dunlop Cantrell Wah
                Fulltone 70's Fuzz
                Fulltone Distortion Pro1
                Fulltone Mosfet 2
                Fulltone OCD OD
                Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

Good deal man congrats....even if its not a Jackson

Comment

thanks guys - Yeah, a Jackson for 40 bucks would be even better ! Sounds like a cool thread. "post your cheap-ass gits"

Comment

Stick a set of aged Kluson vintage style tuners on it that would help the tuning stability and looks.The Kluson tuners will even cover the screw holes of the original tuners.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                      X