Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Played a few GJ2 guitars at the Dallas Guitar Show today....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
    Nice guitar - Excellent paint job - Inlay......Looks a bit cheesy.

Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

Ahoy, me Hearties!

Avast ye Batten down the hatches

Blow me down!

Dead men tell no tales

Doubloons

Hang 'im from the yardarm

I'll Keelhaul ye scurvy Landlubber Pieces of eight

Run a shot across the bow

Scallywag

Shiver me timbers! Thar she blows!
    Three sheets to the wind

Walk the plank

Weigh anchor and hoist the mizzen!

Yo Ho Ho

I would've run all those phrases together in a comical paragraph if I had more time and weren't so lazy!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

As far as Suhr and Anderson go, they're nice guitars but I didn't think the couple I tried out were up Jackson standards. I thought they were overpriced for what they are. In addition I saw a local band where the guitarist had a Suhr and a PC-1. Everytime he played the PC-1 you could tell he switched guitars even with your eyes closed. It just sounded so much better than the Suhr. The Suhr was his favorite but he eventually sold it and kept the PC-1. I didn't play the GJ2's although I did stop and look at them back in January at NAMM. Maybe next year.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I have to say the two Suhr moderns I have are the best guitars I've ever owned or played. They absolutely take the piss.
        The only guitar that comes close is my Jackson Soloist custom, which, in relation to Sullys comments, is a superior guitar to the Grovers I played recently. There isnt like a huge gulf in it or anything though. I guess it just comes down to taste and feel.

Oh yes, and a prerefined Parker Fly Deluxe. Fuck me that was a great guitar. I'm still not sure why I sold it.
        All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Even though it's not really my thing, the GJ2s do look pretty nice, but it's kinda sad (and ironic) reading these two paragraphs on the GJ2 website... especially when the only guitar model they have available is essentially a Soloist.

In 1985, Grover Jackson sold the business to International Music Co. (IMC), a distributor of various brands of music-related products. IMC folded the Charvel and Jackson product lines into one homogeneous grouping with little to distinguish the two brands. In a story that has been repeated many times over, after an initial boost under IMC, Charvel and Jackson, the brands and the instruments, started a long swoon towards irrelevancy. Disenchanted with what the brands had become and foreseeing the inevitable, Grover left the company.

All but abandoned, in the fall of 2002, Fender Musical Instruments Company (FMIC) purchased Jackson/Charvel at a “fire sale” price. Under FMIC, Jackson/Charvel has remained in what can be described as an ‘80s time warp. Rather than go back to the custom, hot-rodded roots, the current line is fairly indistinguishable from what was being offered some 30 years ago. What was once a firebrand of innovation; sleek, highly tuned precision-machined tools, are now more like artifacts frozen in a bygone era.
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Yeah, Jackson are frozen in the 80s, whereas visionaries like Fender and Gibson are still innovating with the very latest in 50s technology and design.
            Anyways, the 80s are still king when it comes to guitars. Wake me up when that age has been surpassed.
            All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post
              Yeah, Jackson are frozen in the 80s, whereas visionaries like Fender and Gibson are still innovating with the very latest in 50s technology and design.
              Anyways, the 80s are still king when it comes to guitars. Wake me up when that age has been surpassed.
              Exactly.

Comment

Ain't that a kick in the teeth?
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

So that ugly headstock makes these rebranded soloists NOT 80s and "cutting edge"? :think: Don't get me wrong I'm sure they're nice guitars, I just caught a bit of salesman vibe with him basically trying to come up with an excuse to say "nevermind my old guitars, buy these."

Comment

Working...
                  X