mid 2000s BC Rich bronze guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mid 2000s BC Rich bronze guitars?

hi. i figure the bronze series bc rich's are shitty, but i can get a mockingbird for $60.00. are the bodies real wood or ply? i am not expecting too much, but i figure i might be able to throw an EMG in there and have a new drop tuned guitar for cheap. it is the model with the wrap around tail piece....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

They are junk. But they are solid wood, (mine were) agathis, whatever that is. The tuners are crap too. Usually those stamped metal ones. The pickups are horrible but to swap out for emgs I guess its ok. I think I sold my red mockingbird for like $75, so for 60 I guess its ok. Just dont get carried away, save the old parts to put back when you decide to dump it.

Comment

hmmmm, stamped tuners? i suppose the fret ends were sharp too? was it playable? i want a metal-looking guitar for playing our drop tuned songs live. i wasn't really looking to do a whole lot of upgrading....i would pop the emg in because i have one sitting in the parts box.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

My affinity squire is agathis. Tonewise it isn't terrible but it's somewhere between balsa and pine for durability. It's seriously soft.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

they are crap, i dont think its a gigable guitar with just a pickup upgrade. wait until you can find a NJ series cheap.

Comment

ok, cool. i figured it was shit.
            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Mark I have a couple Mocks if your interested, they're no $60 bucks One is a Special X and other is an ST. I guess if you doing dropped tunning you'd want the TOM instead of the Floyd?

http://www.shawnlutz.com/mockingbird.htm
              and
              http://www.shawnlutz.com/Mockingbird%20ST.htm
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

if i were going all out for a mockingbird, i'd want the ST. i was only looking at this one because it was $60!!!
                GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Yeah, its good for smashing on stage. Its got the regular pointy harpoon headstock or the stupid widow thing? Mine were the pointy.

Comment

it is the red one with the single HB/knob/wrap around tail piece and the pointy head...i am not too big of a fan of the ballsack holder
                    GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Find an old NJ they are worth fixing up or gigging with.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                        Find an old NJ they are worth fixing up or gigging with.
                        the OLD NJ neckthrus are killer guitars, the original NJ are a lot like model5/6's pretty damn close to their US made counterparts. tho the old NJ's are starting to get expensive.

Comment

yeah, i am not after a bc rich enough to actually spend "decent" money on one....in our set it would be played for 2 songs. not enough to justify the money!!
                          GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

I guess for 60 bones it might be worth the project just to see how it turns out. I guess you have not actually seen the guitar in person? Check it out and if the neck feels useable then maybe you can make it work, for 2 songs anyway.

Comment

Working...
                            X