Uh oh....saw an old friend today....88 stratocaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some quick pics as promised.....

BTW its pretty much a hard tail with 5 springs and the bridge screwed down tight. I never use a trem arm on a Strat anyway. Strung with D'Addario 13-56 and tuned down 1/2 step.

I have ordered Fender USA string tree's in order to swap out those annoying black plastic MIJ ones that it presently has on the headstock.

Will eventually get around to new CTS pots and the like when I install the Gold Lace Sensor pups but for now its just being enjoyed as is!

Boy do those jumbo frets make a huge difference for me! Best mod I could have ever done for this guitar!

Last edited by vklobucar; 04-14-2012, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Jumbo Frets Rock!

Heres a thought if it's not too late. I went with the Eric Johnson tuners on one of my strats - the ones that get shorter as you get to the high E. I was able to ditch the string retainer. Still haven't figured out what to do with the hole yet LOL!

Comment

Ahh dude !! Reminds me SO much of my first strat, only mine had a rosewood board. Sadly it was stolen. I don't own one now but I'm in the market for one. I picked one up a few months back and I felt like a completely different player. Not better, not worse, just different.....fucked? maybe....but true....:think:
        -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Funny how my best strats ever have all been MIJ versions.....

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. Lots to chew over. I'm surprised that the Floyd is spaced the same as the strat bridge. Just feels so much wider to me.

I might take my student rhoads out...has smaller fret wire but a kahler....see if that was what I was digging before I go modding up the strat.

Comment

I know how you feel. My 88 Am Standard was the one I saved up for when I got my first job.

For years I tried replacing it but never did. Then about 15 years after I bought it the guitar just came "alive". That's the only way I can describe it. Like someone took a blanket off of it and the tones just came flowing out.

Now it's a keeper. I always have a FR equipped guitar but that Strat stays.

In fact every other guitar in this pic is long gone.

Comment

Working...
              X