I need help with a Heritage Custom Shop order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with a Heritage Custom Shop order

I'm thinking pretty seriously about ordering a custom shop Heritage H535 guitar and wanted some feedback about feedback, and a neck shape/ profile.

So far, my custom will have the following options-
    Big Neck profile
    Desert Island burst (natural on the inside and light blue as a burst, which simulates sand surrounded by water)
    IMG_2649.jpg

Locking tuners
    A Stetsbar tremolo
    Seymour Duncan 59 (n) 59'/Custom (b) pickups

I have a few questions-

1) Essentially, this guitar is a Gibson ES335. I want to use it for classic hard rock and a little bit of 80's metal. I love how semi hollow bodies sound, especially on the neck pup (they're huge sounding), but because they're not solid, some notes get lost. Also, because it is a semi-hollow, feedback can be a problem under high gain. Would there be a way to combine the attributes of a solid body, but still have the massive sound the Semi-hollow's have? When I do a tapping run, I don't want the notes to die out.

I've thought about going the BB King route with no F-Holes and an electronics access panel on the back of the guitar, but I don't know if that will give me the tone I'm looking for? Would you have the guitar with or without F-Holes?

2) I'm looking for a massive baseball bat neck. I'm thinking 50's gibson les paul meets a compound radius profile. Does such a neck exist? Could someone suggest a neck that would have similar dimensions? I need to forward the dimensions to Heritage.

Thanks-

1) Emil Werstler from Daath plays death metal on a semi-hollow PRS, also a string dampener helps with tapping.

2) Phil Collen's necks are baseball bat necks with a compound radius.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
      1) Emil Werstler from Daath plays death metal on a semi-hollow PRS, also a string dampener helps with tapping.

2) Phil Collen's necks are baseball bat necks with a compound radius.
      I heard his PC Supreme necks are massive. Does anyone know the specs of one of those necks?
      Last edited by The Rossness; 03-31-2012, 12:54 AM.

Comment

The only thing I know on the PC Supreme's are that they are a fat/thick "U" shape.

The dimensions on the PC-1 are: 3rd Fret: .825”, 12th Fret: .890”

Comment

Neck dimensions: I spoke with Pablo at the Jackson booth. They had one of those newer PC fat Les Paul-ish abominations and it was .946" at the nut 1" at the 12th fret. He said PC's actual guitars have a thicker neck. That guy had all the neck specs memorized.

GMP's have thick necks and they are typically .840" nut and .910" 12th fret.

If you want REALLY thick, here's a measurements off a Moser that Neal chose the neck spec on. He likes freakishly large necks:
          1" nut, 1.12" 12th fret

My Moser 10 is: .875" nut, 1" at 12th fret. Large and comfortable.

Comment

If you want a thicker neck you need to look at Gibson's late 50s reissue stuff...a typical neck on one of those is thicker than any Jackson ever thought about being. Also the Jeff Beck replica might have been the biggest I've played on an electric. Ask Heritage and I'm sure they will be able to help you out!

Comment

Boxcar????Where you been bro?
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Well Boxcar where have you been?
                Rossness tell them what you want they will build it.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Ive been keeping it real!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxcar Willie 84 View Post
                    Ive been keeping it real!
                    So you were giving oral sex to hot chicks?
                    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Just curious, why a Stetsbar? Saw it at NAMM a few years ago. I didn't like the look or feel of those things myself. For trems I'd stick with Floyd or Kahler.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                        Just curious, why a Stetsbar? Saw it at NAMM a few years ago. I didn't like the look or feel of those things myself. For trems I'd stick with Floyd or Kahler.
                        I played a stetsbar trem on a UNK and it felt like a better version of a bigby that had some dive bomb potential, instead of just light tremolo use like the bigsby has.

I've thought about asking for a floyd rose, but that would mean less wood in the guitar for the trem route. I hadn't thought of a kahler. Are there any advantages to it? I swear that I once saw a floyd system for a LP that didn't require a trem route. I think they made it sometime in the 80's but it was short liked. Something like that would be great too.

My other concern is alt. tunings. With a floyd, it would be tedius to change tunings.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                          I swear that I once saw a floyd system for a LP that didn't require a trem route. I think they made it sometime in the 80's but it was short liked. Something like that would be great too.
                          there once was a kahler that fit on the stock bridge/tailpiece studs that come installed on a LP. you just pulled your bridge and tailpiece, dropped the kahler on, installed a lock behind the nut and you wer ready to rock.
                          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Rossness View Post
                            I played a stetsbar trem on a UNK and it felt like a better version of a bigby that had some dive bomb potential, instead of just light tremolo use like the bigsby has.

I've thought about asking for a floyd rose, but that would mean less wood in the guitar for the trem route. I hadn't thought of a kahler. Are there any advantages to it? I swear that I once saw a floyd system for a LP that didn't require a trem route. I think they made it sometime in the 80's but it was short liked. Something like that would be great too.

My other concern is alt. tunings. With a floyd, it would be tedius to change tunings.
                            What about a non-recessed floyd with a tremelNO?

Comment

Floyd did make a drop in unit for Les Pauls that didnt require any routing whatsoever.
                              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                              X