NGD - Lester Polsfuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Lester Polsfuss

Finally snagged an LP. This is a 2012 traditional + model. Got her in yesterday. This is the first Les Paul I bought, has the nice 50's profile and classic 57 pickups. Weighs in at 9.6 lbs. Plays and sounds great.

some poor pics and one from the auction

Attached Files
    shawnlutz.com

I usually don't like Cherry Sunburst but that really looks great!!!

Comment

"She's a beaut, Clark!"

Nice score!

Comment

looks great!!! congrats!
        GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

nice, 50 profile necks are great, im not a fan of the 60's slim taper.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
            nice, 50 profile necks are great, im not a fan of the 60's slim taper.
            I'm a fan of fatter necks myself. When I first started looking at LP's I had no idea the differences between the 50's and 60's neck. 60's is too slim for me, 50's is fatter and comfortable to me. This thing is a blast to play. The 57's pickups are pretty sweet, great solid Les Paul tone. I haven't put it down long enough to put my strings on, just playing away on the ones it came, thing sounds great. Usually the first think I do is rip off the strings, adjust the pickup heights and double check the intonation and set up, not with this one for some reason.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Classic great looks.Have fun with it.

Comment

Great looking axe. I sure miss my LPC.

Comment

thanks guys. I've had this for over a week and haven't touched any of my other guitars.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

That sure is a nice one.L.P's are are not my thing I have owned a few and do like playing one every now and then.I agree the 50's necks are better than the 60's necks.
                    I seem to get one then flip it for some reason usually for more than I paid for it so thats a plus, the market seems pretty solid on any L.P.
                    I bought a 2011 one hum Jr and its a great guitar and has a nice chunky neck too.Not a fan of the 498T gibby pick up but in the Jr its bad ass no reason to change it.
                    Shawn Pinkie told me you joined MLP Thats her site to hang out on.Nice site and lots of very good info over there.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Congrats Shawn. Nice looking LP. I saw your post on MLP also. I can play the slimmer 60's neck but my preference is for the 50's neck as well. The Les Paul Custom 68 Reissue is my favorite LP model. Played out last night and took three Jacksons with me and one 68 RI LPC.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

That is nice.. Dont usually like the cherry sunburst, but that has a great top. Could never bond with the 50s neck, tho.
                        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

I like it. Is the fingerboard rosewood, baked maple, or ebony?
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                            I like it. Is the fingerboard rosewood, baked maple, or ebony?
                            that is rosewood. They still use rosewood. They use baked maple on Custom Classics, and Classics. Also starting to see Richlite boards on some Customs. I went with the Traditional because it still had rosewood and no chambering.
                            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                              thanks guys. I've had this for over a week and haven't touched any of my other guitars.
                              That is kinda where I'm at too. I got my Lester's last fall, and my Charvel Demartini's have barely been touched. That's saying something.

Comment

Working...
                              X