Washburn KC90 & MG104

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washburn KC90 & MG104

Just picked up a couple of ol' Washburns.
    A third is on the way too

First one is a 1990 KC90
    These were solid alder, MIJ at Fujigen and had familiar components, jumbo frets, slab rosewood fretboard, Gotoh tuners, Takeuchi Floyd and came factory with SD JBJ and SSL1s.
    I have another mint KC90 and they are real solid.
    This one needed a bit of TLC but came out geat.

I also got an 1992 MG104
    These were solid alder, maple top, MIA at Washburn Chicago and had jumbo frets, thin Jackson style unfinished neck, rosewood fretboard, Schaller Floyd and tuners and came factory with SD CC, Custom Hot and 59.
    These were designed by Grover Jackson and you can see his cues on these.

Drive Fast Cars & Play Cool Guitars!!!

I just finished setting up this 1994 MG122...These were also designed by Grover Jackson and you can see more of his cues on these.

These were solid Honduras Mahogany, maple top, MIA at Washburn Chicago and had jumbo frets,
    Jackson SD style unfinished neck, rosewood fretboard, Wilkinson trem and tuners and came factory with SD JB and 59.

Comment

Nice cap on that red one!
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

man washbur used to make such nice guitars. what happened? the ones they make today are just flat out boring. they may play nice, but if you dont pick it up because it cant get your attention, whats the point? those 3 would have no probem keeping my or anyone else's attention
        Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

those are pretty sweet.

I don't think I've ever seen an MG in person. You see the odd KC in the pawnshops on occasion, like a KC70 or what have you, but not the carved top ones.
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice score. I really wanted a USA MG in the mid-90's. I keep an eye out for them in the classifieds but they rarely crop out. How do they compare to Dinkys/RGs? They definitely look the part.

Comment

The US necks are closer to US Dinky than RGs.

The MIJ KC90s are very similar to Model/RGs in build and quality. You can tell they came from the same factories...The factory Duncans do set them apart thouigh.

Comment

Im rockin a Washburn G-8v. It has EMG's, shark inlays, and pointy headstock. bought it over 20 years ago and still love it! Looks just like this one except my floyd is top mounted.

dscn0224z.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X