EBMM JP guitar owners chime in: tuning stability Q

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBMM JP guitar owners chime in: tuning stability Q

I know it's a Jackson forum, but I do trust my buddies here a lot so I decided to ask about it here.

So if there is any EBMM JP owners here, please jump in and if you can provide some advices, I'm opened to here them!

I tried the EBMM forums but folks there are too much into the product to say anything wrong about it.

I've own my JP6 for almost a year now. Bought it used for a good price (started to think there was something with this deal).

Neck is awesome, I really like it. PUs and switching system is very versatile but the guitar has a tuning stability issue.

I'm not doing any kind of crazy whammy stuff with it. Just basic things but the guitar just won't stay in tune.

I had a 3 hours rehearsal last evening and had to re-tune in-between almost every tune.

Am I the only one? Folks on the EBMM are telling me these are the best bridge ever. Not on mine and it doesn't compare to the Edge on my old RG550.

I know these are not double locking but I would expect at least to stay in tune somehow? :think: Any tricks or things I could be doing wrong?

I've tried different brands of strings. Right now I'm using Ernie Balls RPS 10-46 (reinforced strings).

FWIW I'm no pro tech but I know my way around with guitar setups (own 12 guitars right now). The intonation and trem claw/bridge angle are setup properly at the moment.

Any help welcomed!

-----------

Next step, I'll get some new strings and will redo a full setup of the guitar.
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

well, I dont know these guitars at all, but is it possible something could be binding somewhere? the springs.... the posts...... anything like that..... look for any potential spots where binding up could happen. is it possible the strings could be binding up on the nut? maybe some graphite or something there would help. I know these arent new tricks by any means, but its the only thing I can think of.
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

agreed with above.
      did you change string gauge?
      if so,make sure the strings aren't getting stuck at the nut, and the spring tension is even on the trem.
      i've had several axis super sports and axis and everything on the guitars were top notch.

Comment

I'm a Jackson guy but I do have an EBMM JP6 also. I don't really have any tuning stability issues with it. I've used it on a few songs live with my band in the past as well as at band practice and it pretty much stayed in tune the whole time once set.

Rudy
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I'm super late to this thread.

Did you ever get this sorted out? My BFR 7 stays in tune immaculately. I shred the thing up and down with no problems. It's in a pretty consistent environment though, so that could be a factor.

Comment

Yep. Took a while and some patience. I should make a summary of all I've done and post it somewhere just in case some other owners out there need help.

The only problem is that now, I want another JP6... And I want one very badly...
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I haven't checked today but Matt had a used one on Ebay. I think it was a BFR so big $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                Yep. Took a while and some patience. I should make a summary of all I've done and post it somewhere just in case some other owners out there need help.

The only problem is that now, I want another JP6... And I want one very badly...
                Can't say that I blame you. Those JP's are nice guitars!
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                X