USA Strat project - finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Strat project - finished!

This is the second guitar project I finished up this weekend. My poor, ugly Strat needed a facelift... hell, a whole body lift. It sounds and plays just fine for the most part, but it needs a little something more.

Here's the before:

I added the Lace Sensors a couple of years ago since I absolutely love them in a Strat, but that's it, everything else except for the pickguard is stock.

So, onto the new :

Nicer now, eh?

It's a Warmoth body, chambered mahogany with maple top (duh), with natural mask binding. I had to second guess ordering a mahogany body, my intention was to go with ash, but this thing was really freaking nice and only weighs in at 3lb 2oz!

On top of all that I added a Floyd upgrades big block, brass claw, and noiseless springs. HOLY PIG FUCKING HELL does that make a difference. US Strats have steel blocks and sound fine to me, so I wasn't too sure what difference this stuff would make, and I have to say it is a MUST. The sound coming out of the trem cavity is so freaking sweet, and the springs are a godsend. It's almost a shame to but a plate on the back!

I also took the time and checked all the frets and found 2 that had dings in them so I fixed those up and gave them a nice polish. This damn thing sounds and plays like sweet, sweet sex. Maybe even better.

Love it way better looking now.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Wow that's sexy.
      I like EL34s.

Comment

I saw that in your pro-mod post and thought it was a Fender CS or something. If I was B&E'ing your house I would grab that Fender before the Charvel.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Haha! Watch out there, eh! I would take em both if it was me.. the Strat is so light there is no real excuse not to. Seriously though, as far as tone, the Fender whoops the CRAP out of that Charvel but it's not really a fair comparison.

If Fender made a CS guitar like that it would cost $12k

Comment

Very cool. Nice work!
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
            X