NGD - Ibanez RGT42DXFX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Ibanez RGT42DXFX

I was looking at the one coloradoman has in the classifieds but can't spend the cash right now. And what do you know... One comes up on craigslist willing to trade for my MIM Strat that I hardly ever play. Couple of dings in the back but I'll be refinishing the flat black eventually anyway. It matches everything I'm looking for in a guitar right now (except a J/C logo). 5 piece walnut/maple neckthrough, mahogany body (never had one), fixed bridge, HH, 24 frets, 25.5 scale, pretty cool inlays, and the Wizard II neck is similar to my Model 6.. Pretty comfy playing.. Also has Duncan 59's in both bridge and neck. Gonna throw a Custom in the bridge probably tomorrow. Here's some crappy pics in my truck (I'm at work).
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Nice! I'm so used to their basswood bodies, that i'm almost jaded into thinking its not going to sound any different!
    "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

I'm amazed how light it is. I thought Mahogany was heavy. My bro-in-law's RGT6 (Basswood) and my Soloists (Poplar) are all heavier than this. Did a great setup on it today. Nice low action but the saddle screws are sticking up pretty high and sharp on the hand. Cutting them down tonight at work. I'm not really a fan of the '59 in the bridge so a Custom will be in very very soon. And probably some locking tuners, these aren't the most precise things in the world lol. I like the guitar though. And for no money, it was ideal..

Comment

They are a great value guitar as far as NT's go. Glad you found one to work out for ya. I did a setup on mine and had the same issue and did the screw mods. My tuners seem pretty damn good never really had a slipping issue but the drive does seem kinda imprecise as in it is not too gradual lol.

Enjoy and yes these do sound better than basswood ones. Mine isnt what I would call light but take into account your Soloists likely have floyds right?
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

I see those in pawn shops all around here never knew they were mahogany.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I ground the screws a few minutes ago. I'll have it all good tomorrow. And yeah, that was what I meant about the tuners. They may hold fine, I played for about an hour and tuning seemed stable. Just not as easy to dial in exact as my Jacksons. If I get some, it'll be later.
            My Jacksons all have Floyds but the RGT6 doesn't. It's almost the exact same guitar except the wood, inlays, and it has EMG's. But it is noticeably heavier.
            Acoustically (not plugged in) it sounds very loud and has great sustain. Plugged in, the '59 sounds great in the neck. I'm sure a Custom will fit the bill well.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
              I see those in pawn shops all around here never knew they were mahogany.
              I was happy when I found that out. Never had anything with mahogany before. I'm interested to see what it looks like when I strip it. The 5 piece walnut/maple neck could look good natural. But thats a bit later. Gonna play it for a while first..

Comment

Working...
              X