No announcement yet.

2010 GMP V Custom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa. Drop dead gorgeous. I love how the quilt pattern sort of bends with the wings as you get closer to the tips. Very cool. Congrats on that one.

I soooo want to order one for myself...asked Dan about doing a slight headstock mod, but he said no-can-do.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
      I soooo want to order one for myself...asked Dan about doing a slight headstock mod, but he said no-can-do.
      It's pretty scary out there. GMP like many of the US companies probably have a trademark on the headstock design. Any variation would probably infringe on someone's design or open GMP up for someone to steal the variation you might have came up with. Not to mention the time to re-program their CNCs.

Comment

Yeah, I know. Not necessarily an easy lift. However, most - if not all - guitar companies have several different headstock designs, usually body specific. Stratheads, Teleheads, Pointys, Hockey sticks, Arrowheads, etc. I think GMP should come up with a unique headstock design to better fit their V bodies, and make them more distinctive. That's what I tried to do, with a slight variation on the existing GMP headstock. And Dan could keep and trademark it for GMP, with my permission. ...Oh well.

Comment

Headstocks seem to be the most sensitive/territorial of all the details on guitars.

I too, am pretty picky when it comes to headstocks, so I get where you're coming from.

But for me...

I wouldn't change a thing with the GMP headstock, I like it a lot. Maybe I'm just used to it.

I think it's very tasteful and looks great on all their shapes...especially the V.

Check them out at: www.gmpguitars.com
          Last edited by Hellraiser6502; 12-27-2010, 04:25 PM.
          Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
            Yeah, I know. Not necessarily an easy lift. However, most - if not all - guitar companies have several different headstock designs, usually body specific. Stratheads, Teleheads, Pointys, Hockey sticks, Arrowheads, etc. I think GMP should come up with a unique headstock design to better fit their V bodies, and make them more distinctive. That's what I tried to do, with a slight variation on the existing GMP headstock. And Dan could keep and trademark it for GMP, with my permission. ...Oh well.
            Just don't look to DEAN guitars for inspiration!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
              Just don't look to DEAN guitars for inspiration!!!
              Oh, hell no!!!

Comment

i need to change my pants now...thats killer, the other ones dont suck either.

Comment

That V is tits! Congrats!
                  GMPs rock. Their headstock are ever slowly growing on me.

Comment

Working...
                  X