NGD -- Unplugged!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD -- Unplugged!!

After a LONG DAMN TIME, I finally got a decent acoustic...or two...

Taylor 210e

Taylor 214ce

Family pic...

So similar yet SOOOOO different. Totally different vibes for each. I never thought I'd another another acoustic, never mind two! The thing about Taylors - to me, it's like Charvel - it just FEELS RIGHT. I've wanted a Taylor for at least ten years now... Finally made the leap!

wow, they are both beauts. That 214 is my kinda axe.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Love the 214's a lot Taylor's play great right out of the box.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

My monitors for my AxeFx are supposed to come in today, so I'm pretty excited about hearing these through that system with the efx and so on.

The 214ce was the one I had walked in with the intention of buying, but after playing the 210e (and seeing the price), I couldn't walk away from it. The 214 is a bright, open sounding guitar, with a distinct high end that is all Taylor, where the 210 is a little more of a "traditional" sounding guitar, with a bigger, and slightly darker sound. Very rich. The necks, as usual with Taylor, are awesome. Very much an electric guitar feel, with the signature Taylor sound. It's scary to think that my WDM Charvels are going to become "equal time" guitars with the Taylors...wow...who'da thunk it?

Comment

Sweet backsides on those!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

A rare post of some acoustic guitars... Both look great! What's the finish on them--lacquer, French polish?

Comment

Gloss varnish on the top, and satin back & sides. Can't tell you how much fun they are to play!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Sweet backsides on those!
                That's what she said...

Comment

I was wondering how these new MIM ones with the laminated rosewood back and sides play. they look nice as do all Taylors.

I just sold a 314ce (2005) for a new Martin which has not arrived yet.

aren't acoustic guitars great?
                  the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

When I finally get a "NICE' Acoustic, it'll be a Taylor or a Gibson
                    http://www.youtube.com/6StringMoFo

Comment

Sweet acoustics.
                      Jackson DXMG
                      Jackson RR5
                      Jackson RR5FR
                      Randall RM100M2
                      Randall R412NXT

Gear wanted
                      Jackson RR24
                      Jackson WR1

Comment

Thanks guys! They're even nicer now that I've played them more.

Comment

What? Noone said "Needs a floyd"? Geez, you lot are slow today
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

If they had EMG's I would be all over them............................................No t!
                            How ya been Chris?
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                              If they had EMG's I would be all over them............................................No t!
                              How ya been Chris?
                              Can't believe I didn't see this...

Doin' GREAT!! How about you?

These Taylors are nothing short of amazing BTW... I kinda think of them as the "electric guitar player's guitar" based on the neck feel and profile.

My Dad might build me a "humidor" for them...that would be all kinds of WIN!!

Comment

Working...
                              X