• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Shark Fin

Looks kinda cool........

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DSSFS1PT

Pass.

I mean, pass me whatever weed they're smoking in Nashville.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Kind of Hamer Scarab-ish.

EJ

Comment

My eyes!!!!! Holy shit, that's fugly.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yuck
          -Rick

Comment

It seems like Gibson is the only company trying to come up with something different. Sure it may be fail most of the time, but at least they are trying.

Look at the flying V, explorer and modern. All three were fail when they came out in the 50s, but now 2 of the 3 are huge hits. Whose to say that some of these "experiments" might not become huge hits in the future? You just need a "Slash" or Randy to pick one up and make a record with it.
            Last edited by DonP; 10-02-2009, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
              It seems like Gibson is the only company trying to come up with something different.
              I wouldn't say that. Parker, Vox, Taylor, Washburn, Yamaha, Gary Kramer, Dean, BC Rich... they're all putting out weird and new stuff (some shitty stuff as well). Gibson may have come out with the original wacky stuff, but since 1961, they've been a day late and a dollar short on their new designs.

IMO.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Sooo....the shark fin doesn't have shark fin inlays? Weak.

Comment

I like the reverse headstock, but this is just an Explorer with a ghey cutout, right?
                  Almost looks like something Rondo would put out!
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

http://images.google.com/images?q=ha...title&resnum=7

Comment

It looks more to me like a Killer that Akira from Loudness played.I agree the headstocl is great, but it's just an Explorer with a stupid cutout.Now had they made a Explorer with a rev headstock, I may have bought one.Who the hell is working at Gibson lately? They are not doing well in the design dept.....First that dumb rev V, then that stupid Hendrix and now this? Someone needs to get fired....
                      H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Looks alot like the Culprit.
                        Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Ugly.

Comment

It's ok. Nothing I would buy. It would look a shit tons better if it had some sort of cool inlays. Plain (dot) inlays bore me. But even if the inlays were still better, I would not want to buy one.
                            "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

Wonder where they got the Shark/Sharkfin idea from? Too bad for them they cant use the stripes. I wonder if Ed Patented the use of turnbuckles on guitars too?
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X