Mother of All Info Pages (MIP) Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mother of All Info Pages (MIP) Update

It's sure taking a long time to say I'm sorry,my goodness!! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

I think this whole thing is getting silly. Yes, the moment the MIP pics were submitted to Kevin Easton for use on the Jackson site, they became Jackson property. Everyone here KNOWS this. Now, we also know that once something is posted on the Internet, it becomes "public domain" for the purposes of a lot of people. There's no controlling who downloads those pics and uses them for their own purposes. Whether they end up on the MIP as hosted by FMIC or the JCF doesn't really matter. For legal reasons, the pictures that were originally submitted to Kevin are now FMIC property, but when you talk about image files that are copied, uploaded and downloaded repeatedly, the "original" is still sitting one someone's hard drive.

No good can come of an argument between the two people who are responsible for the two largest sources of Jackson/Charvel info on the web. While the fate of the MIP affects the JCF members and anyone looking for J/C info, it might be best if some of these matters were handled privately. Insults, accusations and bannings are not going to help anything.
      sigpic

Comment

Sandman, I do apologize. Best of luck with the forum, folks - I'm outta here.

Comment

[img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img]

Comment

CYA!!!!!!!

Comment

Cool of him to apologize... But, he's no Kevin Easton is he? ( [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] )

Already missing the old days.....

Comment

Did anyone hear a door slam? [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]
                Scott
                Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Sandman, I do apologize. Best of luck with the forum, folks - I'm outta here.

Comment

Why is Gary Moores "Shapes Of Things" running thru my head right now..? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow, this got somewhat ugly for a bit.

I concur with nor. Let's just take a step back and let this one go. Obviously I think Brad needed to appologize to Jeremy, however I think that should have been done in private. That is an issue between them. At any rate it appears the MIP will be back up (either here or on the official Jackson site, or both). And quite frankly I think we should have the MIP hosted here.
                      KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                      I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I think what drew the most fire was the approach taken with Jeremy. Jeremy has busted his ass over the last few day's till 3-4 am getting the new forum running. To have someone come in and be disrespectful in the process was not cool. Do I want to see Brad leave? No ..I don't .. But what I had hoped for with the current management is they work with the forum in a professional manner to help you guys.. That doesn't happen when someone from corporate takes a pointed jab at someone who has made this forum what it is today.. Which BTW whether they take notice or not is a large chunk of customer base ..

Brad,McD,Morgan etc .. I'd like to see stay here so the members have an open window to the company that makes their guitars.. But lets face it, They just like any other member are expected to be respectful .. Follow that rule and we all get along ..

[ November 26, 2002, 01:16 PM: Message edited by: KMaynard ]
                        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Well said Ron! Brad did apologize for the insult to Jeremy whether he intended it as an insult or not, I really don't know if he did or not and that really doesn't matter much anymore. The fact that anyone would complain about it taking Brad too long to apologize.....c'mon, the guy has a job to do too....I'm sure he wasn't sitting there watching every last post as they went up, that would be plain Psycho. (I think thats Uncle Rob's dept) Like it or not FMIC is in control now and are still getting things ironed out..... All this with new product years and the NAMM show right around the corner. We are all still a bit high strung over the shakeup...both us, and their employees. It really isn't a big deal about the pics and descriptions because all you have to do is type em out and re scan some pics.....If that's a big deal then I'll even volunteer some time and scan some or type out descriptions. We ALL need to show some patience and courtesy.....both us and FMIC. I don't want anyone to feel singled out here, there are no bad guys and no good guys. This post is to provoke logical/rational thought and mutual understanding.

Now I wanna see a group hug between the Admins and the FMIC reps on this board.....we're all on the same team, REMEMBER?

Jim
                          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I'm not sure if Brad's last post is an indication that he's not returning to the forum or not, but the number of people "cheering" is a little immature. Folks, he is a webmaster. Whatever his other responsibilities may or may not include, his position does NOT appear to be identical to what Kevin's was. Kevin knew the product, knew us, and served as a go-between when the powers that be at AMIC probably wouldn't have given a rat's ass. Brad is new to the whole Jackson/Charvel gig, and as a result, probably didn't know much about the JCF either. It may not matter after today.

I for one am looking forward to things returning to normal around here. Too many people are getting too stressed out, and it's rubbing off on everyone.
                            sigpic

Comment

yeesh, this fighting isn't gonna get either parties anywhere, brad apologized, let's just leave at that, and watch what's on the horizon.

Comment

Wah, wah, wah [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] I don't give a rat's hair about Mr. Trabek or whomever is from Fender. That was the most offensive comment he threw to Jeremy. How dare anyone say that to the founder of this outfit. Long live the "Pre-Fender" C/J era. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                                Gotta get away from here.
                                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Working...
                                X