Mother of All Info Pages (MIP) Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mother of All Info Pages (MIP) Update

The MIP is locked up and held for ransome in an undisclosed Fender internet vault. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Let me briefly come out of my "retirement" just long enough to once again sincerely apologize for all harm done... Really, sincerely.

In reviewing this thread, I believe I may have completely misread the tone of Jeremy's initial response:

Original scans? Just a heads up, many of those pics were submitted by JCF members with the consent to use on the page. You may want to get your own original scans.

Amazing how something that struck me as incredibly biting and inciteful on one night comes across as a mere inquiry on the next. Could it be something in the water? ;-) Jeremy, upon further review there is no question that my response to the above was way out of line, and I again apologize.

I have seen myself referred to in this thread as representing Fender "customer service" and whatnot. I just want to emphasize that that's not at all the case... I'm our web monkey, and thought it might be fun to hang here. I came here initially to learn, absorb, and share -- probably just like most of the rest of you guys. Fact is that I had never had exposure to Jackson nor Charvel products prior to this whole thing going down -- and let's face it, it's some damned good sh*t!! There will be a Jackson of some flavor in my stable in the near future, though I'm still deciding what to go for.

Anyway, in the course of my hanging here I saw that the MIP was a super-important resource to you guys, and that's why I volunteered myself to re-create it on our website... as a favor to you guys, and on my own time.

This post was intended to be a really positive thing, and again I'm sorry it didn't turn out to be that way. As it stands, I would highly encourage you guys to go for it! I have absolutely no doubt that what you folks will create will be far superior in both content, quality, and accuracy to anything I could have put together after-hours anyhow.

Now, back into my "retirement" I go... Again, guys, apologies for the ruckus and I again wish you best of luck with this new forum (which seems to be working like a charm and is much more responsive than the EZBoard version, by the way).

-Brad

Comment

That was one of the most civilized things I've read in this entire thread, and it was posted by a self-proclaimed "web monkey". I'm feeling a lot of love...
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for coming back here to apologize even after facing the wrath of the JCF supporters. I don't think there is a need for you to pack up and leave. I'm sure all will be forgotten soon enough.

Comment

hmmmmmm...voicex3 calls me a psycho...and no one says a word...... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

"that would be plain Psycho. (I think thats Uncle Rob's dept)" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I know Brad doesn't want or need me to get on here and defend. So I won't do too much of that. I can only tell you that I know him and work with him fairly closely and I feel secure that he had no bad intentions, and I don't believe he purposely made a slam. Realizing he did he apologized. That may be enuff for some of ya, and will not even come close for others....the risk we run in posting I guess....
            I do want to point just a couple of things out to ya while I'm layin around here tho. The time here in Arizona is 10:30 PM. Work gets out at 5PM. I got alot better things to do than hang out in some message board spewing the corporate bible trying to spin or convert folks on my own personal time. And if I happen to get on here during a break at work...it aint at anybody's request but mine. I happen to like reading your posts and your opinions and butting in myself, and posting when I feel like its semi-useful or helpful.....or when I just feel like posting...kinda the same like youse. I got no agenda....I got no corporate Fendroid feeding me spin to give ya....I'm just here to be here. I like the guitars....the same as youse. At the same time...to be fair....I let you know where I work. I don't intentionally get on here to represent FMIC...but the fact that I work there I realize will occasionally spill over...fact of life...oh well. At least I'm up front.
            My professional role with Jackson is peripheral at very best. I helped get the administrative stuff down, I moved some boxes into trucks, and today I helped get the Jackson dealerfinder straight. Other than that, I just say "What's up to Donnie W and McD and I've done my Jackson for the day. ****So much for ulterior motives.***
            Anyway....what the hell's my point??? (as if I would know that) Oh yeh...ulterior motives...FMIC presence on your board...average joes...all that...yeh thats my point!!
            My point: NOBODY at FMIC, whether it be JAckson related or not, is asigned to post or even read this or any other message board. Those of us that are here, I believe are here purely cause we want to be...and if we can help ya out..all the better...and if that brings you to ease any mistrust of FMIC and the folks that work there, and recognize that all of us that work there are no different then anyone that works anywhere else....then thats ok & thats a nice perc for FMIC too. So.....A. Its not a duty to be here. But it can be cool if we all let it be.
            B. We appreciate the Admins letting us take part and impart info to you when we have some. Its cool to talk direct to you......but realistically (bear with me) its not a necessity. Its a two-way highway. You all got things that will help us (collectively) do our gigs (info, opinions, historical info etc.)...and we got info and things that you may not otherwise get. Its because of this exchange of info that FMIC even knows of the existance of the Mother of All Info Pages. Good for you...good for Jackson Guitars.
            If we slag each other and say good riddance and all that kinda stuff....then thats also a two way street. So you folks throwin [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] or [img]graemlins/baby.gif[/img] ...thats cool...I'm easygoin'...it'll roll off me....I mean after a redneck cuts yer hair for ya....there aint much anybody here can say thats gonna hurt my feelings...but some folks who might be able to provide you with some col stuff may not be so easygoing....especially after staying up nuight after night working their heinekin off on the Jackson Guitar Website trying to make You, FMIC Mgmt, AND everybody else happy with the thing.
            Sandman...I hope you and Brad work it out via email..however that post read on "paper", I think he was shocked at the response and that he offended. I think you & he share of blood & sweat having to do with website construction.
            Damn...now its 11:30...I guess I should go back to watching every post as it comes up

"I'm sure he wasn't sitting there watching every last post as they went up, that would be plain Psycho" [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] )

hope ya all have a nice night.

all the best,
            rob
            "uncle Psycho rob"...i guess?

Comment

You know I was kidding about the psycho thing right rob? [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

OK... time for everyone to take a step back, enjoy a couple of deep breaths, and re-evaluate our daily caffene intake... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
                ===
                1. FMIC's uber-aggressiveness in protecting it's assets is a well-documented reality. Anyone shocked, surprised, or startled by the 'revelation' that we can't use 'their' stuff on 'our' sites has been living under a rock, or existing in a state of deep denial.

2. Brad, the Admins here have created and maintained a kick-ass community, and have earned the respect. Try to find another guitar board with this much traffic that doesn't break down into foul-mouthed pissing matches several times a day. And, as you can see, they too are aggressive in defending their turf...

3. We all have our bad days. We've all posted things we regretted later. Every other post (that I've seen) that Brad has made on the JCF has been friendly, polite, professional, and informational. He has even contributed as a Member (as opposed to a FMIC employee) when he posted pics and opinions of the Jackson he took home a couple of weeks ago. Let's all consider that that before we start piling-on, mmm-kay?
                [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                4. The media (pics, files, whatever) freely provided to AMIC for the purpose of developing AMIC support literature on an AMIC website became the property of AMIC the instant it was recieved - unless there was expressly stated and documented intent to the contrary. Not much wiggle room, here.

What's the big deal? As Brad stated, we can still use our source media (negatives, databases, etc.) any way we choose. Simply submitting a photo does not automatically transfer all legal rights to the source material (takes a contract to do that!). We just can't...
                ...link to the pics/pages on the Jackson website (bandwidth costs $$$),
                ... or download the images from the site (prolly been retouched/resized/adapted/rendered by AMIC and FMIC at least once each),
                ...or copy the HTML for use on our own sites (just re-type 'your' data into a fresh page).

Unless you gave AMIC your only copy/negative of the content, this shouldn't affect us very much - if at all.
                =====
                Everything has been pretty cool, to this point. Let's just take a step back, use the friggin Preview button... and chill. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

[edited for spelling [img]graemlins/tongue3.gif[/img]

[ November 26, 2002, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: nor ]
                750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

!!!! yeh...of course! Taken as written!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

now...where's my avatar? hmmm???
                    ZZZZZzzzzz

Comment

hmm?

oh well...nite all excuse the test. thanx

[ November 27, 2002, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: Uncle rob-Fender ]

Comment

I think that I have stated this before but will do it again.

All of The JCF members have had reservations about Fender (The Big Guy) but people they are now the BIG BOSS. If you examine the history of Fender, you will find that everything has not been a bed of roses. The current owners of Fender are just like the JCF members who bought a product that was not appreciated for what it was.
                        I have never owned and probably will never own a Fender product but I do appreciate their accomplishments. The fact that they have acquired the Jackson/Charvel product line shows that they respect the unique properties. Very few companies buy a competing product to shut it down, It's just not economicaly feasable.
                        That the Fender people have joined the JCF shows that they are interested and are willing to expend their own time to share their talents, appreciate them! No one has so many friends that they can turn a new one away!

I have gone through three company acquisitions in my 50+ years of work experience and none have been without problems but all have been worked out. If everyone will just settle down and work together it will be much faster and better for all. I realize that there are hurt feelings because so many of you have put a lot of effort into the JCF and did not realize that you were donating to AMIC. I do not think that you realize just how much Fender appreciates your efforts and gives you credit for them.

Just my two cents worth!

Hang in there everyone!

grandpa

Comment

Rob,

Thanks for coming here and attempting to clear the air. you have a lot of valid points, some of which I tried to point out yesterday. Hopefully this will quiet down soon.

Brad,

Thank you for apologizing to Sandman for your remarks, You yourself know when you have your sweat poured into something your ready to defend it at will. I don't think you should go into "retirement" over this issue.

McD,

Has gone into retirement based on a few comments made by our member DROSS (who btw has now signed up on the new forum this am). I've tried to convey to McD that not everyone shared the opinion of DROSS. there's no need for him to "retire" either..

Kev
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Hey Brad... That was a very classy response and quite big of you to do so. Nice to see that sort of level headed response. Thanx.

You obviously understand our position, and you stayed civil after our heated replies. That says a lot. I hope you stick around a bit longer and see where things go.

I noticed McD had been scarce as of late and although I mentioned that could happen because of Dross's statements to him, I didn't realize it had and I didn't know Dross was the cause... Hmmm... Time to do a little thinking about that problem ehh?

Comment

This forum has a section at the top for the gallery and guitar of the month, why not move the Mother of Info Pages onto this site? That way there is less of a chance of biased info being chosen for omission (such as strat head Charvels)...

Comment

KMaynard, thanks man.
                                cooler heads prevail.....

I'm just happy to get the avatar workin'!
                                I'm easily amused aint I?

Have a good Thanksgiving!

rob

Comment

Working...
                                X