• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mother of All Info Pages (MIP) Update

Agreed [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm sure we can do a kick ass MIP here on the JCF. Kevin did a great job for starters but some of the info on the older models was incorrect and I'm sure eventually he would have fixed it, but it's a big job. Anyway, we know the guitars and we surely have access to almost all the guitars.

Comment

You tell 'em, older members of the forum. Whether Brad can or cannot contribute to this board, and whether or not he works for fender, he has the SAME rights as everyone else here.

Comment

Wow... that got ugly... Maybe it would have been best to explain things to Brad instead of jumping on the uber-defensive. I agree with the views, but the tactics aren't what I would have used.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

You guys honestly believe that "Fender" is here for us?

Come on, let's be realistic about it aye?

Pat

Comment

Jeremy has every right to call himself an Admin - and a damn good one, too.

Officially, the printed images in the catalogs are the property of FMIC, and became such when they bought the rights to those catalogs from AMIC.
              It's the Playboy scans issue all over again - you buy the book, not the rights to the images or info in the book. KE asked the JCF to scan them to help with the MIP, which is an official nod that it's ok to scan them, however, they were officially sanctioned for AMIC's purposes in creating the MIP.

The only way to truly get around the issue of ownership of the images is to track down every model and variant and make note of its specs and take your own photographs of each model, using the catalog only as a checklist to make sure you've got them all.
              However, seeing as how the MIP would not put money into or take money from FMIC's pocket, I can see no legitimate reason outside of copyright ownership to deny the JCF hosting the MIP or even recreating it themselves. These are mostly models that are no longer in production, and serve the greater community and buying public by informing them of which model they are currently in possession of or are looking to buy - "Is this made in India or Japan?" - that sort of thing.
              The secondary sales market does not hurt nor help FMIC - they don't make money on used guitars and they don't lose money because they didn't put the money out to make them, ship them, and market them. While they may miss out on the sale of a new guitar every time a used one is bought, that's the nature of the business, which I'm sure FMIC understands.
              It is THAT market which the MIP benefits the most, and it is one reason why it is so necessary.
              The only way Fender would lose money by the JCF hosting the MIP is to divert traffic from Fender's website, which means their advertising sponsors don't get the page hits and clickthroughs, but all that's horsesh!it anyway, right? Right.

Newc

[ November 26, 2002, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: Newc ]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Welcome to Big Corporate Amerika, folks.
                What Brad said is true.
                We are the little freaks over in the corner that really don't mean crap.
                Do you really think there are going to be board meetings where we are even brought up? I sure hope no one believes that.

And to think I don't own any Jacksons at all. Bummer.

Comment

If Fender is not going to have a very good attitude towards us and this site and the products we want, then I will stop buying New Jacksons. I sure don`t want to but will if they aren`t a little more cool with us. They don`t have to kiss my butt, but just not insult us and try to work with us. I sure hope it get`s better. I had a Custom USA Fusion order in my mind for the future, I will wait and see for sure now. Jack.

Comment

I think we all need to calm down. I don't think any offensive comments from either side are right. Maybe Brad was just having a bad day, like said above? I know I have my bad days and snap at somebody I love as a family member or friend.

Just chill out.

Comment

HEY NOW
                      Let's All of us step away from the Keyboard and put the Mouse Down.

Thanks Ron for saying what i wanted to say

i know Brad should not of said what he did but it is done he did come back and say he was sorry

the guys at Fender is doing the best they can
                      you got to remeber theses are Fender people
                      they realy do not know **** about Jackson Charvel
                      the high up bought Jackson Charvel not all the employees they are running around trying to figure out why all theses guitar have ponits on them

Jeremy i am sorry Brad said what he did but i do not think he ment it.(he is a Youngster Younger then most of us)
                      also guys they are Family if we like it or Not
                      let's all just try to get along
                      heck we are talking about a info page that will take a long time to build and put up
                      i say let's let Borg Mother Ship do it
                      and let us just sit back and play guitar

Comment

It was not empty praise for Kevin Easton that led many of us to say that his shoes would be impossible to fill. If anyone ever visits the Hamer Fan Club forum, you may know of Kim Keller -- he's right up there with Kevin as far as going "above and beyond" to help people that are just as likely to buy a used guitar (no profit to the company) as a new guitar. Over on the Dean forum, Dean Z. himself posts and drops by to chat. People like this are an EXCEPTION to the rule (if there are any rules) in terms of customer service. FMIC has its own customer service people, Brad being one of them, and while they might do a fine job, they are going to forever be in the shadow of Kevin, if for no other reason than that we don't know them. They're the "new guys" to us, and even without saying/posting a word, are viewed as the enemy buy a lot of long-time Jackson/Charvel enthusiasts.

Maybe I'm lucky. My local Jackson tech is all the customer service I need. If I need another guitar, Jackson is the first brand I'll try, but the words or actions of one person at the parent company don't mean a damned thing to me. I'm much more likely to turn to you guys at the JCF if I have a question anyway, or my dealer or tech if need be. I can't imagine that most of you are that different.

FMIC owns Jackson/Charvel. Before, AMIC owned Jackson/Charvel. What did AMIC ever do for any of us? They happened to employ some very good people. I'm sure that FMIC does as well, but we don't know it yet. And most likely, neither side gives a damn about the other when it comes right down to it.
                        sigpic

Comment

THE PICTURES SUBMITTED TO KEVIN BECAME JACKSON/FENDER PROPERTY THE MOMENT THEY WERE RECEIVED BY KEVIN.

Geez. I don't believe this **** just went on.

Doesn't matter who scanned them, or who's pictures they were, once they were used on Jacksons site, they became property of Jackson.

I though I clearly stated that out before.

You MAY rescan them from the original catalogs, THEN, you may use those images as long as you are not selling them, or using them to make a profit.

Now we're clashing heads with Fender, who have every right?

Some people need to calm down and read... as if the transition to this new software wasn't enough.

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
                          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Whats the MIP?

Comment

WOW!!!! Jeremy what Brad said may have been out of line. He doesnt really know you or any of us from Adam/or Eve. Nor appearently does he seem to want too. However You have every right to defend what you know as right. Kudos. Brad was out of line. I may have been more diplomatic about things on both endsbut hey thats what makes us individuals and who we are. Not picking nits or anything. I agree with you Jeremy. I would point this message at Brad but I feel he's not coming back. His loss he could've learned alot here. Yes the pics once sent to KEaston did become property of AMIC and now FMIC. However Those who sent those pics do still have the original guitar or catolog it came from. Just do it again. I'm sure the JCF could do a better and more acurate Mother of all Info Pages anyway. With all the resouces we have and all the knowledge it would probably go up faster too. Who cares if it's a bit less flashy;(not saying it would) it's the information that counts. Brad,Morgan,McD. If you still come here and read this stuff you are welcome here as far as I'm concerned anyway. Others may have thier opinions and they are entitled to them but thats mine. Just a reminder the MIP wouldn't exist if it weren't for the pics sent in by the JCF members. Who owns the rights to the MIP is really irrelevant. We do know the risks of posting on the web. Brad: just keep in mind who keeps you employed at Fender. The mass puplic, and if youcross them they boycot and not use/buy the product. It's happened in the past and is a part of business. Just a friendly reminder.
                              Gil

Comment

Originally posted by Eyehategod:
                                Whats the MIP?
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">not what i mean where is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X