UBB's are so much better.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UBB's are so much better.

I've always thought UBB's were the best, there user friendly (for old stupid people), the smilies are easier to insert, and so much more. I just love there whole interface more. Does anyone prefer the EZ Boards? They sucked IMHO.

Keep the music alive,

Greg

Re: UBB\'s are so much better.

Other than the general slower speed, I preferred the EZBoard...

UBB has lotsa cool features though... I could get used to it, other than the MARK FORUM AS READ problem... Aaaagh...

UBB is a LOT cheaper to run for the ADMIN, so, I'm ok with it I spose...

Comment

Actually, I prefer vBulletin.

Check this board out:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forums
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Sorry, can't run vBulletin on this server.

Comment

I've belonged to almost every type of message board on the net (Yeah, quite a few hours poured in!) including EZboards, UBB's, Vbulitens, and many more ( EL CHEAPO's ), but I just like the UBB's they have the best interfaces IMO.

Comment

I don't like the layout of the post on this board. I find it confusing when I try to read the posts, but I suppose that I will get used to it. I do prefer the old board better. By the way, this is DLHelfand

Comment

I'm hating this thing more everday. Although there are some very nice features on it and I thought I'd get used to it... The more I use it, the more I see how hard it is to navigate here.

You post and have to hit home to get out of it and that send you out of the forum and in the main page. Yeah, great.

There's no way to mark the forums individually. and the global mark function takes twice to work. and you have read the whole board and hope you don't miss something before your mark it all as read...

This place is way too big for the style of board... It would be fine for a small board... not here though...

The only good that will come of it is that like Troy I'll spend less time here as I hate it so much...

Comment

I'm feeling pretty much the same as John (only better looking), but being the eternal optimist, I'm waiting to see if the admins can get all the kinks out and whip this place into shape. I figured it was just a matter of getting used to the new format, but the problems mentioned by John continue to be problems, particularly marking forums as read. For all it's problems, I found EZBoard easier to use, more intuitive, and easier to read.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Actually, I wanted to increase the number of replies on a page to like 40, but I didn't see the option.

Right now, my main hangout has been Ultimatemetal.com, and I love the vBulliten they use.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I don't see the bukoo's of speed increase over EZ board and quite frankly have had poor performance thus far. I don't know what it is but I get periodic intermittency of slow or no response from the server...from different workstations and my home pc...I am a broadband man and very impatient…When I click a link I want it there now not a brief period of inactivity while they feed the mice some cheese. I think there is some getting used to and I wish you could see who posted last to a thread and not the topic
                    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Yeah, it's been slow or not responded WAY too much, aside from the other issues...

I'm hanging on to the last few minutes at the EZboard.

Sucks that it's so much cheaper than the EZBoard....

Comment

EZ Board's functions can be emulated, if you can do the hand-coding. It's tons more work, but there are certain features that are sorely missed.

Perhaps the number of messages on one page could be lowered? CheeZee Board never timed out on me 6 times in a row like UBB just did.
                        Maybe it's because there are too many messages in one page?
                        Just a thought.

Newc
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

We are lookin into this now .. trying to figure out if the avatars are causing a decrease in speed .. we are also being put on a newer server soon so that may help ..
                          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

It's annoying as hell to get this message on every topic:

;Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in w:\inetpub\wwwroot\jcf\jcfonline\www\ubb\noncgi\ca che- ???????\ubb_files\forums\Forum1\0000??.cgi on line ???"

'?' denotes different letters/numbers.

Comment

I am still am EZboard fan but I know the Admins here are bustin Ba[[s to get it right and I'm lookin forward to this board when it's all squared away.

Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X