Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strathead Identification (pics ahoy)

Gday, check out this neck I just got in;

Looks like an ok neck, has Joe Satriani's signature on it (2nd fave guitarist), but thats not why I got it.

Ahhh, so its a jackson? How could I be sure? Ask for the JCF opinion. Heres some pics of it and its markings.

So there it is, is it a jackson or did I get burned? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (branding pun). The floyd nut could be an addition, but its in good original condition overall. The profile is much like my dinkys then a normal strat neck (which is good!) and the wood seems to be great, but what body/s will it fit? Is it chavel/jackson? US/import? Is that actually Joe's sig? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh, and thanks to the JCF Custom Shop, heres one possible outcome;

Re: Strathead Identification (pics ahoy)

Legit neck. That's referred to as a woodburn neck (for the glaringly obvious reason [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img])
    Those are genuine replacement parts that Jackson used to make if someone sent a guitar back to have a new neck made for it so no one could pass it off as factory original (though a Strathead Jackson usually brings more than a pointyhead) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Now scrape that signature and put a Jacskon decal on it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

These necks came with a phonelic nut, but that looks like the correct setup for Ontario era Jackson with the string bar behind the nut.

Yeah, I second the removal of the sig for a logo. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yup,Jackson Woodburn neck!!
          Looks like it's the wide 1 3/4" nut width(hence the 3/4" on the heel)& it's a 2 3/16" heel width meaning it'll fit strathead neck pocket bodies but will require a shim for pointy neck pocket bodies!!
          What's the date on the heel??
          & I'd lose that sig & logo it too!!

Comment

yup the real deal. I have a maple/maple one with little jackson logo on the headstock. great necks and a good score.
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

Was that on aus ebay? I can recall i saw that.....

Comment

Sure was, ended up getting it for au$135.50(~100usd)
                Thanks heaps for the help guys! I really have to find a body to put it on now, and a logo decal too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X